Taking science reqs at community college

Started by dakims
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dakims

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend is taking classes at a community college no use even if he does get A's? Should I convince him to take bio and orgo at a university at least? hes only looking for caribbean schools.
 
A lot of US MD schools specify whether or not they accept them - I remember some flat out saying no, others are less strict - the following is from the University of Maryland website

Courses taken at the community college level will satisfy our pre-requisites. However, the Committee does prefer that the bulk of courses be taken at a four year college or university.

I'm not sure about DO or Caribbean schools.
 
USF told me I'd be "less competitive" with CC for my postbacc. If she has the option to go to a uni, suggest she go there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bottom line is take them where ever she can. Do well and ace the mcat. Doesn't matter where you take them, just do well!