taking test in July USMLE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonny_little

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard people are taking it the first and the second... but it says June is the last month I can schedule it on Prometric? Whats up with that??

Members don't see this ad.

jonny_little said:
I heard people are taking it the first and the second... but it says June is the last month I can schedule it on Prometric? Whats up with that??

What is your eligibility period as listed on your orange scheduling permit from the NBME? Perhaps your eligibility period runs out at the end of June?? Just a thought. I was able to reschedule my appointment for July 2nd. I just did it this morning.

It's probably due to your 3 month eligibility period---yours is probably Apr-May-June. You had to pick your three month period back when you registered. You can pay $50 to change your eligibility period (which will be changed to July-Aug-Sept.---it goes automatically to the next three months, since you can't choose to skip months of eligibility. You also cannot change your eligibility period more than once.)

kimm70 said:
What is your eligibility period as listed on your orange scheduling permit from the NBME? Perhaps your eligibility period runs out at the end of June?? Just a thought. I was able to reschedule my appointment for July 2nd. I just did it this morning.

I'm taking it in July, too. And didn't have any problems registering.