Hello, everyone. After lurking obsessively for a while now, I finally decided to join the fray and say, "Hi," to everyone. I've read many of your stories. I would even go on to say that this forum is one of the many reasons I am once again starting this journey. Here's my background: I'm a 26y/o ADN-prepared ICU nurse with a noncompetitive GPA because of (1) two years of foreign college classes taken for personal enrichment eight years ago; (2) not realizing said classes would ever matter until it was way, way, waaaay too late; and (3) apathy during nursing school. For as long as I could remember, medicine has had its cruel, unrelenting claws dug into me. I tried to run from the desire so many times because I knew pursuing it would be unreasonable. I saw what that profession did to my parents. I see what it's doing to my PGY-3 boyfriend, our friends, and most of the physicians I work with. I know what kind of debt I will incur. For months at a time, I would be convinced that I've shaken it -- that I'll be a CRNA or a NP instead -- but that peace never lasts. The heart wants what it wants, so the saying goes. Now that I have stopped travelling all over the place and have finally gained residency status (for tuition purposes) in a city I actually like, I am going to take the plunge. I've been accepted in one state college, one university with an attached MD school, and two out-of-state universities that offer decent RN-BSN Distance Ed programs. BS-Biomed vs. BSN + Pre-Reqs vs. ADN + Pre-Reqs This, of course, was my first fork in the road. I am leaning towards BS-Biomed, though I would be open to any advice anyone can offer regarding this decision. BS-Biomed means I might have to let go of my job at a wonderful teaching hospital due to the BSN-by-2020 initiative (it's actually 2018 for me due to my contract), but I sincerely hope that when that time comes, I'm either already in med school or so busy with the application process that I won't be working full time anyway. I do have an RN-BSN application for Spring 2015 in the university with the MD school if my advisor tells me it would be a better route. Again, any insight will be greatly appreciated. General Plan and Setbacks Thankfully, though I haven't been in school in years, with my last stint being taking classes part-time in Fall 2012, I am on track with finishing my AA next semester. Unfortunately, despite three years of college math from multiple countries, my math credits only transferred as electives in all but the out-of-state universities that I'm not planning to go to anyway. I'm planning to test out of College Algebra only because as much as I love and excelled at math, I know that years of disuse has made me rusty. I will not risk getting B's in Calculus and Physics by not taking a Trigonometry class. I also plan to see if I can test out of my native language. I did take four semesters of it while I was overseas (I had no choice, it was a requirement over there). I find it ridiculous that these classes were completely ignored by my evaluation service, but what are you gonna do, right? Timeline Very tentative. Pre-med advisors are incredibly hard to come by in my regional university. I'm still trying to set up an appointment. I plan to take classes in both CC and the university with the MD program. Fall 2014 Western Humanities II Statistics Spring 2015 - 14 Cr Intro Chem Biology II Trigonometry Ethics - for AA Summer 2015 - 5 Cr Calc I Fall 2015 - 13 Cr Chem I Physics I Calc II Spring 2016 - 12 Cr Chem II Physics II General Microbiology (??) - Req'd Eleective Summer 2016 - 5 Cr Org Chem I Fall 2016 - 13 Cr Org Chem II CHM 2210 Biochemistry Biochemistry L. General Genetics - Req'd Elective Spring 2017-Whenever Other Electives till BS completion MCAT Review Take MCAT? I feel overwhelmed by the lack of objective input into my planning phase. I don't know how reasonable this plan is going to be while maintaining a full-time (36-hr/week) position. I have no idea how to calculate my GPAs from my plethora of transcripts. I don't know if these classes will adequately prepare me for the MCAT, or if they even meet the MCAT and med school requirements. So, please, please, if you've gotten this far, can you offer me your $0.02? I could really use your insight. Thank you. I'm both deliriously happy and unbelievably terrified that I am actually in this boat with all of you.