Taking the Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnson22

johnsons22
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our school takes the boards at the end of our second year. I was considering taking it midway through the second year and then trying again at the end of the year if I wasn't pleased with my score. Is it a bad idea to take it just to see how you do. Do residency programs see all your scores or do you just send the best one? Is there any negative to taking it twice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Johnson22 said:
Our school takes the boards at the end of our second year. I was considering taking it midway through the second year and then trying again at the end of the year if I wasn't pleased with my score. Is it a bad idea to take it just to see how you do. Do residency programs see all your scores or do you just send the best one? Is there any negative to taking it twice? Thanks!

I believe they only look at the most recent score regardless if it is higher or lower than your previous score. I would just put all the effort into the 1 test at the end of second year. If you want, just begin slowly reading the dental decks starting in Jan or Feb when you come across pertinent topics during your PBL sessions.

Yeah, for sure. One time only. Coming from someone who just took it, if you ELECT to go through that bull **** more than once you need to be examined!