Taking the DAT before completing the ochem series: how wil it l affect my performance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yourdeardarling_chickadee

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently, I am planning to take the DAT in either January or February in 2020 and applying in June of that same year. However, I have to repeat the first half of ochem; there is a chance that I might have to take it later in the fall if I don’t get off the ochem wait list for this spring.

In the case that I retake the first ochem this fall instead of this spring, would it be unwise to go ahead with my original plan of taking the DAT in January or February in 2020 even if I would have completely only half of the ochem series?

What about if I took the DAT right after finishing the second half of the course but right before applying? (Keep in mind that I will have been preparing for every other subject besides ochem). Thank you.
 
Just took it after having only taken organic 1 & got a 26 in that section, but I also had hardly any organic 2 on my test. You already have the basics down from orgo 1 so it’s really just memorizing some additional reactions. I definitely think you can do it!