Taking the DAT in about a year but looking to get a head start on math/PAT...books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agrossbl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pos bac student (no science background), so far I have only finished gen chem (1 and 2) and am currently taking bio 1, physics 1, and orgo 1, and plan to take the DAT next year in July or August. But since my course load isn't too bad for this semester I would like to get a head start on studying even though I know I haven't learned all the material yet, I figure I can at least start prepping for the math and PAT sections, and learning the general test taking strategies.

I'm looking to buy a book but I'm worried about spending a lot on a book if it will be out of date next year and possibly needing to to repurchase...thoughts?? I was looking at the DAT destroyer/math destroyer combo but it's pretty expensive. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

PAT and math don't take very long at all to master (compared to the other subjects). However, if you want to get good at them early then just do the datgenius free generators (since bc only offers angles for free at the moment) and get math destroyer.