Taking the DAT in December

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDH2DDS!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have scheduled to take the DAT in December after I take organic chemistry this semester. Some of the schools I am applying to take applications until February 2017 for the fall 2017 cycle, I know people say the earlier you apply the better your odds but is that really true? Should I just save my money and wait until June when the next cycle opens?

Any suggestions are appreciated, just want to get a feel for other people's opinions.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely save your money and wait until June of next cycle to apply. Please do not waste hundreds to thousands of dollars on a cycle that won't be successful. People first hear of acceptances December 1st, so the odds of you having a chance of getting your own seat is slim to none at that point.

Reactions: 1 user
If you score well, apply. Just make sure the DAT is the last thing you need in order to complete your application.

If you score well, apply. Just make sure the DAT is the last thing you need in order to complete your application.
Thanks, yeah that'll be the final thing so I will submit as soon as I get results. I only plan to apply to the three schools that are still open at that point. Hoping for high scores!!