Taking the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCIllini

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this horse has been beaten to death already in this forum .... but wanted to ask anyways.

I'm studying as much as I can for the DAT right now (since it's been close to 4 years since I took biology & chemistry) with the Kalplan white book.

What would be the best route: (1) take the DAT in May, prior to applying with AADSAS or TMDSAS; or (2) take the DAT in late June/early July when I've had more time to study?

I know AADSAS takes a few weeks to get apps out to schools, but how long does it take to get DAT scores to school? Also, when I take the DAT, to my scores go to AADSAS and then to the schools or directly to the schools?

I guess my biggest question is .... will schools put my app to the side if they haven't received my DAT scores yet? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

DAT transcripts are sent out pretty quickly....but have them sent to AADSAS as well as to the schools directly... I say take it in June or July... but no later...

FCIllini said:
I guess my biggest question is .... will schools put my app to the side if they haven't received my DAT scores yet? Thanks.

Yes, they will not review your app until it is complete.

Take the dat in june /july, and prepare. if your app is already at the schools fax your DAT score and the original will follow in a week or two. I think the longest it takes for DAT scores is 3 weeks. They go directly to the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
boogaking said:
DAT transcripts are sent out pretty quickly....but have them sent to AADSAS as well as to the schools directly... I say take it in June or July... but no later...

AADSAS will not accept your DAT score report. Send DAT score to the schools you applied only. A definitely go for june or july! You are still way too early to have it done by May.

Just to make sure I understand correctly - AADSAS will go ahead and send my app to the schools without the DAT score & then I can have my DAT score sent directly to the schools?

FCIllini said:
Just to make sure I understand correctly - AADSAS will go ahead and send my app to the schools without the DAT score & then I can have my DAT score sent directly to the schools?

That is correct!!! Please go to the AADSAS website and read their instruction carefully for further confirmation!!!

Don't do it any later than June/July... I did mine in August.. and I wanted to retake it but it was kind of late already in the cycle because you have to wait 90 days to retake the exam.