Taking the MCAT Without some Prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EuroMatteo

Reaction score
Is taking the MCAT without BioChem2, Phys2, & OChem 2 a huge deal? If i were to wait until I had those courses complete I would have to take a gap year which is something I really wouldn't like to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you thought about taking a full-length, scored practice test? AAMC has two or three and NextStep has at least ten. I think it would be a good indicator of where you're at with your content knowledge, though I've been told the crux of what is tested is more the test taker's reasoning and ability to process new information.

While the general recommendation is to take MCAT after prerequisites it is by no means mandatory. Will it take some extra work to get your content review up to snuff? Certainly. But it wouldn't be unheard of, nor an impossible feat.

I took it without biochem or physics 2. I had Ochem 2 already but honestly it didn’t do much except for teach me sugars. Haha you just have to self teach it! There will be lots of biochem and probably one or two physics passages that you will fail it you don’t self study those topics but I ened up with a 130 in the biochem/ physics section, so it can be done.

Reactions: 1 user