Taking the OAT in 8 Days

iKnome

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am taking the oat in 8 days and im totally in freak out mode!! I have been studying for a while but i can help but become nervous at the thought of the test. I was reading earlier threads and it seems that everyone has a problem with RC. I suck at the RC and i have 2 more tests left from the achiever but honestly the achiever RC tests seem a lot easier. Does anyone have any good tips/strategies for test day RC. I usually look at the questions first and then find them in the reading. this isnt working for me. I hate the anxiety that comes with this...im freaking out completely!!!
Also do you guys have any suggestions on how i should practice RC after i run out of practice tests (have 2 more achievers left)?? any tips/suggestions would be great!!

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

RC was hard.. Just remember to breathe while you take the test. I jot down short sentences summarizing what each paragraph was about. WHen I came to the questions, I was able to locate which paragraph it would be in and look for the answer. Sometimes the answer isn't as obvious as you would think it should be.

I had a little of a time crunch with RC, but had the most time issues with Physics (my weakness). I had no time to play with numbers!

if you dont mind me asking, what are your practice test scores like? i've heard that the OAT achiever is alot harder than the real test.

If you're asking me, I didn't practice too much for RC. Just two or three passages. I just to time myself and be able to find a good way to manage the questions. I didn't score myself. Sorry!