taking the OAT soon

eyecare510

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who hav already taken the OAT within the past couple of months....can someone PLEEEEASE break down the topics in BIOLOGY and CHEMISTRY???
the main reason i am asking is because i have the big KAPLAN book of review notes....and both these subjects have over 20 chapters and i KNOW not EVERY topic is going to be covered on the OAT....so PLEASE..can somebody help me break it down???? I would reeeally reeally appreciate it....my GPA is not very competitive so i reeally need to get over a 350

thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure it's the luck of the draw what types of questions you get. As such, you have to know all the topics if you want the highest score possible. Not what you wanted to hear but it's true.

There's no way this can be answered accurately, since we did not write the test.
However, if you've taken the Kaplan course, the breakdown on P.2 of the lesson book seems pretty on point. (Emphasis on Cell and Molecular bio, body systems, genetics...)
Expect a few surprises such as 'What structure is shown in this slide' or 'Interpret this DNA gel result,' but once you understand the question, they are actually testing really simple concepts.

I hated the ecology (types of biomes...) stuff, but got lucky and didn't see too many questions on that.

Nothing too extraordinary on the Chem section, it's very similar to the Opted test. Don't focus so much on calculating with numbers, but know the concepts. Kaplan had too many numerical problems that are too complicated.

Good luck

Last edited: