Taking the OAT twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popozhao

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a sophomore at one of the SUNYs. When is a good time to take the OAT for the first time? and when is a good time for the retake?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they allow you take the OATs only 3 months (90 days) after you do it the first time. So if you do'nt do well the first time, you must wait 90 days...
more info on www.opted.org.
Good luck!

I am currently a sophomore at one of the SUNYs. When is a good time to take the OAT for the first time? and when is a good time for the retake?

Why not do well the first time so you don't have to retake it?

Members don't see this ad :)
well, cuz i thought of it like the SAT when i applied to college, its not certain that i will just do well the first time i m gonna take it, i mean its a very hard test right?? lol

Only the OAT is a lot more expensive than the SAT... I know a ton of kids that took the SAT upwards of 4 or 5 times, you can't really do that with the OAT unless 1) you start taking it now, since there's a 90 day wait period and 2) you're willing to shell out $180 (or something close to that) every time you take it.

Just do well the first time.

Only the OAT is a lot more expensive than the SAT... I know a ton of kids that took the SAT upwards of 4 or 5 times, you can't really do that with the OAT unless 1) you start taking it now, since there's a 90 day wait period and 2) you're willing to shell out $180 (or something close to that) every time you take it.

I'm not sure if the new ruling on the DAT where one can only take that test up to a total of three attempts per lifetime shall apply to the OAT.