Taking too many CBTs a bad thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raptors

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't think i've gone over my review thoroughly, but I'm having a tough time studying. I've read over all the princeton review books (the class room ones, but didn't actually attend the classes). I don't feel like I actually know anything because there was so much reading and it took a long time. I actually think I have forgotten most of it, especially since I haven't read some of those sections since months ago. I know, i'm kinda stupid for not review..just went though some straight through reading.

Anyways, I'm going to go straight into CBTs and planing to do 15 by Jun 15th..bad idea?

I guess i'll be using the CBTs as my studying when i review each test.

Thanks for your respones

Members don't see this ad.

I'd suggest taking one exam a week for the next 4 weeks or so, and use the time between to work discretes to death (and practice VR passages). This is probably the best use of your time if you have only read the books through. Otherwise, if you do nothing but CBTs it might require you to synthesize too many concepts with which you aren't yet strong to solve any particular problem. After you've done this for 4 weeks, then you can think about taking 3-5 CBTs per week depending on your stamina (making sure you take time to review each in detail, especially any questions you guesses correctly). The max I could manage was 4 in one week, after which I felt like keeling over. This is what has been working for me anyway, so take it for what you will.

In my opinion, bad idea. You will not be relearning that basic science that you didn't absorb; you'll get lots of practice at testing, but you won't be anywhere near your peak when test day rolls around. In other words, if you want to maximize your score you'll be retaking the test, and at that point you'll wish you had plenty of CBTs available to take for the first time.

Any reason you signed up for the class, but didn't attend? Most efficient way to learn the material is to have it explained to you. But it guess it's too late to worry about that.

Good luck.

You gotta be able to manipulate the content in your head to answer the questions on the practice tests. You need a thorough understanding of the material first. However, the test is closing in, so follow the advice above, of taking one full length each week for 4 weeks, and hit the content hard. Then do all tests.

Keep your head in the game, and you'll be fine. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
another thought: if, for whatever reason, you have to retake, it would be nice to have a couple of tests left to practice with

In my opinion, bad idea. You will not be relearning that basic science that you didn't absorb; you'll get lots of practice at testing, but you won't be anywhere near your peak when test day rolls around. In other words, if you want to maximize your score you'll be retaking the test, and at that point you'll wish you had plenty of CBTs available to take for the first time.

Any reason you signed up for the class, but didn't attend? Most efficient way to learn the material is to have it explained to you. But it guess it's too late to worry about that.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I'm gonna crack down hard.

To answer your question:

I actually took the princeton years ago; hence, i have the books. I dropped the possibility of Med School, but have since decided that I should give it a shot again. I have been reading them for the past few months. Now that the raptors are out of the playoffs, I can finally concentrate :oops:. I've been just bumming around reading, but I have to pick it up.

The other problem I have is material. I think I have too much. I have the princeton and I bought the Kaplan Premier. I'm finding that the Princeton is way too much detail. I need some bare bones so I think i'm gonna concentrate my 'studying' on the Kaplan. From reading all these posts it seems Examkrackers is the way to go, but I don't want to spend anymore money.

Again, thanks for the advice.