1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Tanked in verbal

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by LittleRocker, May 9, 2008.

1. LittleRocker

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have 2 weeks till the test and I just took aamc cbt #5 and got an 8 in verbal, my worst score ever. I still pulled off a 33 cause I got a 12 in PS and 13 in BS. That verbal score is really freaking me out though. I did the EK 101s and was getting pretty consistent 10s and I got 11s on cbt 3 (37 total) and 4 (39 total). Is this just a fluke or should I be worried? I just wasn't concentrating well at all. I would finish reading the passages and wonder what the hell just happened. What should I be doing over the next 2 weeks to calm myself down?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nothing123

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Uh...take solace in the fact that you have gotten consistently above 10? And you said it yourself, you weren't concentrating well so this one may very well have been an anomaly. Maybe take a couple more tests to verify this and your science sections are great enough to make up for even a sub-par verbal section.

4. LittleRocker

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah I know, its just hard having this happen 2 weeks before the test. Would it be a good idea to do a half hour to an hour of verbal practice every night till the test?

5. tncekm

tncekm MS-1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Probably anomalous. I started hitting consistent 11's in EK, got an 11 in CBT 5, and then did 6 timed EK passages (late at night, a bit off in my thinking, and low in time) and got a 6!!!!! My most recent 6 are averaging technically on the low 12 side and it may not mean much b/c GS sucks for VR, but my GS have been 12/12/11/10 (the difference between a 12 and a 10 is 2 raw points in GS VR, so its not much fluctuation), so I think it was an anomaly, and that's probably the case with yours.

6. quiksilver87

10+ Year Member

lol I remember I took my last cbt and scored a 12 PS 13 BS and a 4VR! I averaged around a 6 in verbal though (averaged 12's in PS and BS!)...just dont freak out and trust in yourself...If you are scoring that high on the others than you are perfectly fine...damn pre-meds...RELAX

I scored a 6vr 11BS 11 PS on the real thing...

7. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Remember, that's why you average out your practice scores, but I know what you mean. I don't think it would hurt to do 30-60 mins of verbal practice everyday. That's basically what I did the whole last month.

8. NAVYLABTECH08

NAVYLABTECH08 DA DOCTOR IS HERE
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :cool:practice, practice, pratice