Tapering intensity for peak performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nomdeplume1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there an optimal way to taper before taking the MCAT? I know the current advice is to not study the day before the MCAT but is there a more thorough breakdown of the optimal way to taper to ensure peak performance on test-day?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe just go over the formulas or AA. I wouldn't study anything else besides the small stuff. Coffee does wonders :)

Reactions: 1 user
I may sound crazy, but I'm actually saving going over things like enzyme kinetics, fatty acid structures, and metabolism until closer to the exam date so it's fresh on my mind. Right now (1 month from the exam) I am just focusing on practice exams, passages, and filling in content gaps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an optimal way to taper before taking the MCAT? I know the current advice is to not study the day before the MCAT but is there a more thorough breakdown of the optimal way to taper to ensure peak performance on test-day?

IMO it depends on how you studied during undergrad. In my personal experience, I liked studying every second I had until the actual exam. Whether I'll be applying this to my MCAT the day before is something I haven't made a decision on yet. The most I'll probably do to relax is review small things (formulas/relationships/AAs). Just my 2 cents.

Maybe just go over the formulas or AA. I wouldn't study anything else besides the small stuff. Coffee does wonders :)

Increases recall. Decreases libido. What else do you need to take a highly demanding critical thinking test for 6.5hrs?