1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Tapering intensity for peak performance

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by nomdeplume1234, Aug 13, 2015.

1. nomdeplume1234

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is there an optimal way to taper before taking the MCAT? I know the current advice is to not study the day before the MCAT but is there a more thorough breakdown of the optimal way to taper to ensure peak performance on test-day?

2. SirZaitsev

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Maybe just go over the formulas or AA. I wouldn't study anything else besides the small stuff. Coffee does wonders :)

StudyLater likes this.
  3. El-Rami

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I may sound crazy, but I'm actually saving going over things like enzyme kinetics, fatty acid structures, and metabolism until closer to the exam date so it's fresh on my mind. Right now (1 month from the exam) I am just focusing on practice exams, passages, and filling in content gaps.

4. nomdeplume1234

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm thinking more of a day off.

5. El-Rami

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yeah, I'm not planning to do anything the day before, but probably just go over little details/test tricks that could help.

6. FutureD.O

FutureD.O OU-HCOM OMS-II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    IMO it depends on how you studied during undergrad. In my personal experience, I liked studying every second I had until the actual exam. Whether I'll be applying this to my MCAT the day before is something I haven't made a decision on yet. The most I'll probably do to relax is review small things (formulas/relationships/AAs). Just my 2 cents.

7. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Increases recall. Decreases libido. What else do you need to take a highly demanding critical thinking test for 6.5hrs?

8. SirZaitsev

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't know, I am still prepping. Are you referring to illegal drugs here....... lol?

9. StudyLater

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh I was more saying "What else could you possibly need?" if your recall and libido are taken care of for a test. ****ty joke.