SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Tarascon Pocketbooks

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by subtle1epiphany, Jun 1, 2008.

1. subtle1epiphany

subtle1epiphany Junior Faculty 10+ Year Member

I got a copy of the "Tarascon Internal Medicine & Critical Care Pocketbook" about a month or so ago and found it really helpful. It's not at the level of the MGH Pocket Medicine, but it has some info that Pocket Med doesn't.
    Anyone have any experience with the "Tarascon Primary Care Pocketbook?" The Tarascon site only has two pages viewable, they look decently helpful.

Are the assorted Pocketbooks at the same level as the Critical Care and Pharmacopoeia?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blondbondgirl

Blondbondgirl 5+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2007
    I really like the pediatric outpatient one- I don't have any experience with the primary care one in particular, but they seem to all have the same standard (and format! I hate learning new abbreviations and formats! it can take twice as long to find something!)

Hope that wasn't completely useless information :rolleyes:
  4. vtucci

vtucci Attending in Emergency Medicine Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Tarascon Pharmacopeia is great as well all know.

I also liked the EM ones. I have seen but never used the primary care and critical care ones but have heard good things about them from classmates.
  5. I've only used the Pharmacopeia and Critical Care ones. Both are excellent.