Target Kroger merger

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KennethCool

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's going to happen to all the Kroger pharmacies when these two companies merge?

Members don't see this ad.

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Your friendly Kroger pharmacist will now be a bitter CVS pharmacist

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What's going to happen to all the Kroger pharmacies when these two companies merge?

Worked for Target/cvs previously. Half of pharmacists in my district quit within first year of merge. Who ever is still there is desperately trying to leave. There are zealous few that have sold their souls to money and corporate and are now running the district just like cvs. Actially, its worse than cvs bc they’re incorporating cvs policies and metrics and contiously trying to give target service... which never works out.

Id imagine thats whats going to happen to kroger lol

Kroger is already a **** show and pharmacists are jumping ship left and right.

some krogers just cut all non PIC pharmacists to 30 hours down from 40 in my region at least

Worked for Target/cvs previously. Half of pharmacists in my district quit within first year of merge. Who ever is still there is desperately trying to leave. There are zealous few that have sold their souls to money and corporate and are now running the district just like cvs. Actially, its worse than cvs bc they’re incorporating cvs policies and metrics and contiously trying to give target service... which never works out.

Id imagine thats whats going to happen to kroger lol

How bad can it be with no drive thru and low volume? Where did they all go, there are hardly jobs anywhere?

How bad can it be with no drive thru and low volume? Where did they all go, there are hardly jobs anywhere?

Even with low volume compared to regular cvs and no drive through, they cut tech hours so much that the pharmacist has to operate alone for majority of the day in many stores. I was fortunate to have a decent store with just enough tech hours but still higher ups breathing down your neck about every little thing, it wasnt something people who are used to target environment could tolerate.

I know some left to hospital, mail order and independent. One went to kroger (haha, she probably had no idea about this merger).

Glad I left. It was getting worse. Epsecially with new metrics added in 2018, my techs all threatened to quit on daily basis lol those AO calls and goals were flat out stupid. Patients started transferring out to HEB across the street real quick haha

My Kroger friends have already reported reduced hours. Kroger was a large part of the job market here so it's sad to hear this. I'm not eager to see how this shakes out.

Reactions: 1 user
Kroger was notorious for using students as free labor. I remember at my kroger rotation I was constantly ringing out customers and at cvs/walgreens they don't even allow students to ring register.

Reactions: 1 user
Just had a conference call today that our division (central Ohio) is going to reduced hours. Only the manager will get 40 hours. The assistant and any staff will go down to 32 hours but still receive full time benefits. Also, there will be no raises this year or lump sum payments.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile