Target Pharmacist and Grad Intern pay

Started by Lilbellz04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lilbellz04

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! So I had some friends who applied to Target last year and I was wondering if anyone knew what the pay was for pharmacists and grad interns? Mainly for Wisconsin and Chicago. They said that it was competitive to CVS and WAGS but I know that Targets are lower volume.

Thanks!
 
I'm currently an EIT (grad intern) for Target. My grad intern salary is hourly based off of 1/2 my pharmacist salary.. I know my job offer was the highest retail job offer for my area for new grads.
 
When you look at Wags, when you compare Chicago and SE Wisconsin, just remember Chicago Rph are paid significantly less than Rph in Milwaukee market. That is mostly due to the fact that pharmacists in Chicago are unionized.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently an EIT (grad intern) for Target. My grad intern salary is hourly based off of 1/2 my pharmacist salary.. I know my job offer was the highest retail job offer for my area for new grads.

EIT is the general Target term for a college grad that is about to take an "executive" position right? So does that mean you are automatically going to be an ETL-Rx (PIC) or do all pharm grads do the EIT program first?
 
According to my friend, EIT is the term for college grads but it is not a guarantee that you will become a PIC. Target calls their pharmacists executive pharmacists or staff pharmacists and their pharmacy managers ETLs.

Hope that clears that up!
 
I'm sorry but all of the weird initials Target uses like ETL, EIT, etc are incredibly stupid. Not to mention that Target customers are called "guests". A guest is someone that you invite over to your house to spend the night, not someone wanting medication from you.
 
I'm sorry but all of the weird initials Target uses like ETL, EIT, etc are incredibly stupid. Not to mention that Target customers are called "guests". A guest is someone that you invite over to your house to spend the night, not someone wanting medication from you.

Eh, lots of companies have their own lingo. Humana has a ton of "corporate speak." My current company uses lots of acronyms and abbreviations too.
 
EIT is the general Target term for a college grad that is about to take an "executive" position right? So does that mean you are automatically going to be an ETL-Rx (PIC) or do all pharm grads do the EIT program first?

According to my friend, EIT is the term for college grads but it is not a guarantee that you will become a PIC. Target calls their pharmacists executive pharmacists or staff pharmacists and their pharmacy managers ETLs.

Hope that clears that up!

All grads and new hires (experienced RPH) do the EIT training and business college. All pharmacists are considered "Executives." There is ETL-RX (PIC), Executive Staff Pharmacist, Executive Staff Pharmacist Part Time, Executive Staff Pharmacist Floater, etc.
 
Hi everyone! So I had some friends who applied to Target last year and I was wondering if anyone knew what the pay was for pharmacists and grad interns? Mainly for Wisconsin and Chicago. They said that it was competitive to CVS and WAGS but I know that Targets are lower volume.

Thanks!

To answer your originally question, as a graduate intern you will make half of your agreed upon pharmacist's salary. A colleague of mine who just started working as a float pharmacist in Chicago was offered a starting salary of 118K with 2 weeks vacation and 5% 401K company match. Hope that helps.
 
To answer your originally question, as a graduate intern you will make half of your agreed upon pharmacist's salary. A colleague of mine who just started working as a float pharmacist in Chicago was offered a starting salary of 118K with 2 weeks vacation and 5% 401K company match. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if Target is open to negotiations? Either with salary or vacation? They offered a friend of mine 122K as an grad intern but didn't really say what his hours would be so not sure what his hourly rate is.
 
Eh, lots of companies have their own lingo. Humana has a ton of "corporate speak." My current company uses lots of acronyms and abbreviations too.
Still some of them are downright cool and some are entertaining and some just silly.

I'd much rather call my patients "guests" rather than customers. This is a service job after all, right?

Personally I think CVS has some of the silliest acronyms and program names. CVS has readyfill and mycustomer, Kroger "easy prn" which is arguably hilarious, and of course wags "well experience" and instead of customer satisfaction they say customer delight .

Honestly I find it fulfilling that I get to use words and metrics like these and actually have a real job. Way better than "TPS reports" for $20/hr am I right ?
 
When I worked for Target as a graduate intern, 2 months prior to my licensure, I was paid exactly half of a staff pharmacist's salary.
 
I'm sorry but all of the weird initials Target uses like ETL, EIT, etc are incredibly stupid. Not to mention that Target customers are called "guests". A guest is someone that you invite over to your house to spend the night, not someone wanting medication from you.

Haha - I'd rather have weird initials and call someone a guest than awkwardly say "Be well." all damn day.