Target Pharmacy Techs..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuraRX

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here work for Target pharmacy (in NJ)?
I was wondering how much they pay their techs to start (no experience).
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MuraRX said:
Thanks!

I'm a tech in NY. I started at $10.65 with experience. When you are hired you are judged based on your level of experience and entered into the payroll system as either a level 1 or level 2. Within each level there is a range of pay that Target can give you. I'm not sure exactly what the ranges are, but I know I was classified as a level 2 so that put me at a higher pay scale. With no experience I would guess you would start at around $7-8, but I really don't know.

MuraRX said:
Thanks!

MuraRX:
Sorry, I do not know how much Target pays for techs with out experience, but I think Target pharmacy pays their PharmD students very well. It is the same as Walgreens PharmD students in the same area. Target automatically gives you a raise every year. I was working for a Target pharmacy in the great lakes region. I was paid $13 per hour when I was a 2nd professional year student, and $14 for my 3rd professional year. CC :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
i want a job at target if any place. walgreens and cvs suck and frequently understaff their pharmacies. they end up using pharm students and cutting you loose after they used you.

workinhard said:
i want a job at target if any place. walgreens and cvs suck and frequently understaff their pharmacies. they end up using pharm students and cutting you loose after they used you.

Just curious, but what do you mean by "using pharm students and cutting you loose after they used you"? Both of those places around my area love to sign on pharmacy students in hopes that they will stay with the company after graduation.

I would have to agree with you about understaffing. I work for Walgreens. I started in 2003 as a RX Cashier at $6.50 per hour. Today, 3.25 years later, I make exactly $11. In my district, first year RX interns earn $12.50 an hour. Walgreens gives you 5 days of vactaction after 1 year, 10 days vacation after 2 years, then 15 days vacation after 5 years. So if you start off with Walgeeens as a RX1 Intern, one year after you graduate with Pharm.D. you'll be elligble for 15 days of vacation. In july of 2005, RPh's earned $47 per hour with an overtime rate of $70.5, with unlimited overtime. I have also learned over the years from Pharmacists who have left other retail chains that Walgreens has the most advanced pharmacy software system called Intercom Plus. However, I must admit that Walgreens is too customer oriented; thinking of so many little things for the pharmacy staff to do in addition to just filling the RX and sending the patient home. If Walgreens would elliminate some of those "customer service" practices, we'd probably be able to run the pharmacy more effiecently, not feeling understaffed.

pharmstud07 said:
I would have to agree with you about understaffing. I work for Walgreens. I started in 2003 as a RX Cashier at $6.50 per hour. Today, 3.25 years later, I make exactly $11. In my district, first year RX interns earn $12.50 an hour. Walgreens gives you 5 days of vactaction after 1 year, 10 days vacation after 2 years, then 15 days vacation after 5 years. So if you start off with Walgeeens as a RX1 Intern, one year after you graduate with Pharm.D. you'll be elligble for 15 days of vacation. In july of 2005, RPh's earned $47 per hour with an overtime rate of $70.5, with unlimited overtime. I have also learned over the years from Pharmacists who have left other retail chains that Walgreens has the most advanced pharmacy software system called Intercom Plus. However, I must admit that Walgreens is too customer oriented; thinking of so many little things for the pharmacy staff to do in addition to just filling the RX and sending the patient home. If Walgreens would elliminate some of those "customer service" practices, we'd probably be able to run the pharmacy more effiecently, not feeling understaffed.

Just wondering what some of the "customer service" practices are that you are referring to? I don't work for Walgreens, so I'm kinda curious as to what types of things that they are having you do aside from the normal things that go on at a pharmacy.