Taught myself how to code and built a software business in 6 months (pharmacist)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdpharmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clinical pharmacist for ~ 10 years. As COVID hit, my wife stayed home and took care of the house. Found myself with a lot of evening and weekends with nothing to do. So l, decided to use the time productively and learn how to code.

173 days later —> Joyful.gifts: Joy, Everywhere!

I wrote my first line of code on May, 21st and progressively built on that since then.

created a job for my wife and hopefully, a nice passive income on the side.

Happy to answer any questions about the process!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Good for you for picking up coding but that business idea doesn't sound very good.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Don't listen to negative nancy. For every business idea, there is always someone who tells them, "it won't work".

You have nothing to lose. One step away from success.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never said it wouldn't work... Just don't think its a feasible idea to pay $5 to have a stranger pick a gift for someone you know.

I’ll bite - if you can pick something for my dad that would be great

Yea - it’s okay lol. This stuff is not for everybody. There are still dumdums out there telling Elon Musk his cars aren’t feasible despite all what he did -

should I, a random passerby on the internet with my little baby idea be surprised when it happens? Of course, not.

I think we can all agree that staying in pharmacy for the long term won’t work either.

Reactions: 1 users
I think we can all agree that staying in pharmacy for the long term won’t work either.
It’s good to have options!

To be able to build whatever fancies you on a whim. It’s honestly liberating. Like a medieval peasant learning how to read and write.

Clinical pharmacist for ~ 10 years. As COVID hit, my wife stayed home and took care of the house. Found myself with a lot of evening and weekends with nothing to do. So l, decided to use the time productively and learn how to code.

173 days later —> Joyful.gifts: Joy, Everywhere!

I wrote my first line of code on May, 21st and progressively built on that since then.

created a job for my wife and hopefully, a nice passive income on the side.

Happy to answer any questions about the process!

Hey that's really cool! Congrats I hope it works out for you. I'm sure it can be a nice little niche for many people. Whoever thought Pinterest and Etsy would be so successful right? You've accomplished way more than I did during this time!

Hey that's really cool! Congrats I hope it works out for you. I'm sure it can be a nice little niche for many people. Whoever thought Pinterest and Etsy would be so successful right? You've accomplished way more than I did during this time!
Thank you!

Congrats! May great ideas will sprout from this experience. Good luck!