Tax Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PostalWookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately USMLE exam fees are not deductible for tax purposes. However, "course related expenses" that are required of all students can be deducted from the income that's taxed. I'm just wondering if USMLE fees would count as such an expense.

Normally I don't seek to dodge taxes, but it's kind of BS that we get taxed on required licensing exams

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately USMLE exam fees are not deductible for tax purposes. However, "course related expenses" that are required of all students can be deducted from the income that's taxed. I'm just wondering if USMLE fees would count as such an expense.

Normally I don't seek to dodge taxes, but it's kind of BS that we get taxed on required licensing exams

Could go either way. There's nothing deifnitive that dictates which is right. This is what's silly about income tax--you end up doing what your conscience can handle. Thus, those with a conscience end up subsidizing those without.