mag7ical

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
On all the TopScore Bio sections there seems to be a large amount of taxonomy & classification questions. They're really specific, asking about genus/classes.

Is the actual DAT the same?

Jan 22, 2010
California
Status
Dental Student
On all the TopScore Bio sections there seems to be a large amount of taxonomy & classification questions. They're really specific, asking about genus/classes.

Is the actual DAT the same?
You just never know. I got like 5 taxonomy questions (ugh) when I took the DAT in September, but my friends who took it before and after me had NONE. It really depends on your test. I suggest you study it to be safe.

Avery07

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Status
Dentist
You just never know. I got like 5 taxonomy questions (ugh) when I took the DAT in September, but my friends who took it before and after me had NONE. It really depends on your test. I suggest you study it to be safe.
How specific were the questions? --Did they just cover down to Phylums or do they get more specific as in classes or orders?

AmpedUp

The Legend Still Lives
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2009
Status
Dentist
Oh yeah..it gets pretty specific at times. Took mines today! lol in fact, i had a question similar to the debate we had in Avery's thread (somewhere).

Jan 22, 2010
California
Status
Dental Student
How specific were the questions? --Did they just cover down to Phylums or do they get more specific as in classes or orders?
Sorry, I don't remember specifically, but it did get pretty detailed. However, I assure you that using Destroyer is more than enough practice for taxonomy questions... and the entire science section actually. Good luck.