Taxonomy Topscore...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pookee456

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished doing the Top Score practice tests....
I noticed a lot of SPECIFIC questions on genus/phylum stuff. I do know the basics, but didn't think we are expected to know the genus names also.....

Is this too in depth? or should we know the taxonomy details...?

Members don't see this ad.

i was wondering the same thing my only mistakes in bio TS coming from very specific questions like names for flat worms...

Members don't see this ad :)
On the version of the test I had, I had NO questions on taxonomy. Like one plant, 3 physio, and rest cell/biochem/developmental bio.

I'm sure there are other versions of the DAT that do have questions on taxonomy, but if I were to guess, I'd guess they would be MUCH easier than topscore's taxonomy.

The real DAT is more thinking-based....but don't let that discourage you. Its an "easy-type" of thinking, if that makes any sense. If you go through cliff's taxonomy chapter, and memorize the topscore/achiever/destoyer taxonomy questions, the right answer should stick out like a sore thumb when you take the real DAT, if you get a taxonomy question....