Taylor Study Method for EPPP prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veevs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please share their experiences of using the Taylor Study Method for EPPP preparation? All of my friends and colleagues have used other companies, but I am very intrigued by Taylor's more progressive approach. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

what's progressive about the approach?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone please share their experiences of using the Taylor Study Method for EPPP preparation? All of my friends and colleagues have used other companies, but I am very intrigued by Taylor's more progressive approach. Thanks.

I have been to a seminar they gave and had a chance to talk with Dr. Taylor. He based this on the methods he used to study for the EPPP. It seems like an awesome approach and also a very methodical approach. He claims an extremely high pass rate. They talk about needing to know that content cold. What impressed me was the use of "near miss" answers that one might choose that are in fact not correct. For example, one might choose hypothalamus instead of thalamus on a biological bases question. The study method gives one full explanations about why a "near miss" is in fact wrong. I also like that he uses learning theory and the concept of associative networks in designing the program. I will probably use this program myself because it's structure and basis in learning theory makes sense.

I just heard about the TSM method by a person who purchased it. Any more thoughts on it??

They were pretty new to the market when I was studying for the EPPP and I was not impressed.