TBR and Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eren.Yeager

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it smart to use Kaplan for readings and TBR phases I and II for content review? Or is the TBR content pages actually worthwhile? I find it to be very dense. I'm anxious about time.

Members don't see this ad.

I felt the same way about TBR. It's a great resource but I just found it too dry to read. I loved Kaplan with its colorful and easy diagrams. I pretty much used Kaplan for content review and Uworld for practice. If you are really pressed for time, examcrackers is a good resource to use. They are straight to the point and have amazing diagrams/figures. Best of luck!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I felt the same way about TBR. It's a great resource but I just found it too dry to read. I loved Kaplan with its colorful and easy diagrams. I pretty much used Kaplan for content review and Uworld for practice. If you are really pressed for time, examcrackers is a good resource to use. They are straight to the point and have amazing diagrams/figures. Best of luck!!
Did you do Uworld after each chapter of reading, a couple days after reading the chapter, after completing the book, or at the end of content review as a whole?

I decided to drop the TBR and focus on getting through content and just fill the gaps. I am finding Kaplan to be amazing as you've mentioned. It's more vibrant of a read and doesn't drag on as much as TBR. I am not getting too caught up with the little details right now and might plan to read through Kaplan biology a second time.

I really like their physics. It gives the experiment and gets right to the point.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome that you found a routine now!
I used Uworld right after reading a chapter from the Kaplan book so it really reinforced the concepts from the book.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was just focusing on using Kaplan for content review and planned to get UWorld towards the end, but I really liked your strategy of using UWorld to reinforce concepts.

1624029254198.png

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry that some of the reading can be dense. That has been an ongoing comment for many of the books for years.

There are some great passages in the C/P books and it'd be a real loss if you skipped those. The chemistry and physics books have some really clever shortcuts that you can pick up through the passages. So if you already have the chem and physics books, then get some utility out of them by doing the questions.

Last edited: