TBR Progress: How am I looking so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Majik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Can someone give me some input on how I'm doing so far? I haven't taken any practice AAMC's or FL's yet, but I plan to very soon. My test is scheduled for Aug 23rd. I plan to do all 7 TBR FL's, all 9 AAMC's, (1 FL every other day), and the remaining passages for 5 Chapters of TBR Gen Chem (not included here) in between. For the sciences, I instead did TPRH Biology Passages & Discretes as well as Organic Passages & Discretes. For those who have taken the real test in the past, how do these scores compare to the real deal from your experience. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Physics Review

Chapter 1: Translational Motion: (49/70)
-- Score: 10.50​
Chapter 2: Force & Motion Gravitation: (50/70)
-- Score: 10.71​
Chapter 3: Work & Energy: (57/70)
-- Score: 12.21​
Chapter 4: Equilibrium & Momentum: (43/70)
-- Score: 9.21​
Chapter 5: Periodic Motion & Wave Characteristics: (47/70)
-- Score: 10.07​
Chapter 6: Sound: (51/70)
-- Score: 10.93​
Chapter 7: Fluid & Solids: (52/70)
-- Score: 11.14​
Chapter 8: Electrostatics & Electromagnetism: (54/70)
-- Score: 11.57​
Chapter 9: Electric Circuit: (53/70)
-- Score: 11.36​
Chapter 10: Light & Optics: (42/70)
-- Score: 9.00 (missed a lot of questions on Interference Passages)​

General Chemistry Review

Chapter 1: Stoichiometry: (69/100)
-- Score: 10.35​
Chapter 2: Atomic Theory: (87/100)
-- Score: 13.05​
Chapter 3: Equilibrium: (79/100)
-- Score: 11.85​
Chapter 4: Acid & Bases: (85/100)
-- Score: 12.75​
Chapter 5: Buffers & Titrations: (81/100)
-- Score: 12.15​

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about TBR physics, it's unreasonably difficult imho. I switched to NOVA halfway and have averaged 11-12s on most of my PS sections(FL 3-10).

Chemistry you will be fine too, those are around what I got for most of the sections I think(I would miss 5-10 questions per 1/3, so that's about 15-30 out of 100 questions).

From personal experience, the AAMC questions are much easier than any type of Berkeley passage. But that may be because most of the information is actually given to you, whereas 1/3 of the questions in TBR require background knowledge which is just annoying but really helps you remember the concepts and some not so important details. Good luck!!!

Don't worry about TBR physics, it's unreasonably difficult imho. I switched to NOVA halfway and have averaged 11-12s on most of my PS sections(FL 3-10).

Chemistry you will be fine too, those are around what I got for most of the sections I think(I would miss 5-10 questions per 1/3, so that's about 15-30 out of 100 questions).

From personal experience, the AAMC questions are much easier than any type of Berkeley passage. But that may be because most of the information is actually given to you, whereas 1/3 of the questions in TBR require background knowledge which is just annoying but really helps you remember the concepts and some not so important details. Good luck!!!

I tried using NOVA a long time ago. I agree, it's also very good, but because everyone here was so adament on TBR, I would of felt guilty for ditching the passages, especially since I dished a lot of money to buy them lol. I feel like I have a decent understanding of the material, although my issue is time. For these passages, is it unusual to be averaging 10 minutes per? I find that some of the questions are extremely thought invoking and take time to solve. Do you remember how long it was taking you per passage when you were doing TBR? If anyone else could provide some input, it'd help a ton. Thanks ;)

Have you also been doing BR orgo passages? I have been doing about the same as you on physics and gen chem, but I seem to be doing slightly worse on the orgo passages. Maybe I am just not taking orgo as seriously as physics and chem though, not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you also been doing BR orgo passages? I have been doing about the same as you on physics and gen chem, but I seem to be doing slightly worse on the orgo passages. Maybe I am just not taking orgo as seriously as physics and chem though, not sure.

I have TBR Orgo passages, but I don't have the time to do them.

I'm taking the mcat august 23 and I just finished tbr passages.

My scores after doing 2/3 of the passages are:

Bio: 65%=9
Gen chem: 66%=10
Physics: 67%=10
o chem: 71%=11

I though the middle chapters of both gen chem and physics were alot harder than the rest but those might just be my weakest subjects. Kind of a blow to the self esteem looking at those 60th percentiles but o well..

Anyway..I'm taking my first aamc full length on Tuesday..hoping for my goal of a 33!!