TCMC MBS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GodsChildDO

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to the Scranton program and I didn't see a thread for this program. Anyways, I just wanted to make a thread for everyone that is currently applying/accepted. Alums feel free to tell us about your experiences within the program and please offer some advice as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted to the Scranton program and I didn't see a thread for this program. Anyways, I just wanted to make a thread for everyone that is currently applying/accepted. Alums feel free to tell us about your experiences within the program and please offer some advice as well!

Did you apply to any other programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did I applied to a few like RFU,Marian and Drexel wbu?
Yep. I applied to Drexel, EVMS and Tufts. Also got accepted to EVMS. Do you happen to know if this program is competitive? I heard Drexel is super competitive.

Yep. I applied to Drexel, EVMS and Tufts. Also got accepted to EVMS. Do you happen to know if this program is competitive? I heard Drexel is super competitive.

One year EVMS program? I applied for the CHAP program. What do you mean by competitive? I know for Drexel you have to meet your contract requirement which is a 3.2 in the program and also, you have you have a 45th MCAT percentile with no subsection lower that 45 percent.

One year EVMS program? I applied for the CHAP program. What do you mean by competitive? I know for Drexel you have to meet your contract requirement which is a 3.2 in the program and also, you have you have a 45th MCAT percentile with no subsection lower that 45 percent.

Yep, 1 year EVMS program. Have you heard anyone getting into TCMC if they complete the program successfully? I am debating between EVMS and this program.

Yep, 1 year EVMS program. Have you heard anyone getting into TCMC if they complete the program successfully? I am debating between EVMS and this program.
Here is the success rate of their students.
Student Success • GCSOM

However this is not a good estimate because not everyone that gets accepted to the MBS program applied to medical school for the following year. So if you are looking to get into med school for the fall of 2018 turn in your app before the start of the program

Here is the success rate of their students.
Student Success • GCSOM

However this is not a good estimate because not everyone that gets accepted to the MBS program applied to medical school for the following year. So if you are looking to get into med school for the fall of 2018 turn in your app before the start of the program

Thanks for the link! So the program starts in August 2017, do we have to start our application when the new cycle begins (May 2017)? ??

Just came from the open house. I really liked it and will apply. For those of you who were accepted, are you applying this year?

I agree the open house was good. They obviously want everyone to do well.

Last edited:
I had to cover someone's shift at work today and I wasn't able to make it. Can you guys please summarize what they talked about? Thank you in advance.

They pretty much talked about the curriculum, their success rates which is actually 70 percent due to people taking a gap year and also the services they offer like academic advising, mcat prep and also mock interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten accepted ??

Was just accepted today. But I'm still waiting to here from other schools. They only give you 2 wks to secure your spot though. If anyone can tell me why they want to attend Gesinger thst would help alot.

For me, It was the curriculum.
I really liked it.
but I am more interested in what i'd bring out of an MBS program that which particular one I go.
That's for me..
What about you ?

For me, It was the curriculum.
I really liked it.
but I am more interested in what i'd bring out of an MBS program that which particular one I go.
That's for me..
What about you ?

For me it was the guranteed interview with a gpa of 3.5 it higher and the way the progtam is structured. It looks like they have a lot of resources to help you out and you succeed. But i'm worried about the name of the school, you know?

Was accepted here in February. I'm still waiting on a couple other programs, but secured my spot anyway. I think with programs like these it's more of what you make of them and which one fits you best. While past reviews on sdn about this particular program are mixed, I have consistently heard that administration and faculty are very supportive and very enthusiastic about your success. Additionally the Scranton program is taking M1 level courses, at the medical school, that's taught by their faculty. Also I do believe they still offer a conditional interview should you meet certain criteria. While I don't know if we would be taking classes literally along side the M1 students, this sounds like a legitimate SMP, and is for me, a good enough reason to attend. I can't say the same for the Doylestown program because this is not at the medical school.

The only reason any of us are considering an SMP is to simply bolster or medical school application by delivering an optimal performance in an M1 simulated year. No matter which program you choose to attend, they all serve this same purpose and you are only there to do your best. For me personally, the only things I will consider is if it's a legit SMP and the cost of tuition, which of course you only want the cheapest one.

Was accepted here in February. I'm still waiting on a couple other programs, but secured my spot anyway. I think with programs like these it's more of what you make of them and which one fits you best. While past reviews on sdn about this particular program are mixed, I have consistently heard that administration and faculty are very supportive and very enthusiastic about your success. Additionally the Scranton program is taking M1 level courses, at the medical school, that's taught by their faculty. Also I do believe they still offer a conditional interview should you meet certain criteria. While I don't know if we would be taking classes literally along side the M1 students, this sounds like a legitimate SMP, and is for me, a good enough reason to attend. I can't say the same for the Doylestown program because this is not at the medical school.

The only reason any of us are considering an SMP is to simply bolster or medical school application by delivering an optimal performance in an M1 simulated year. No matter which program you choose to attend, they all serve this same purpose and you are only there to do your best. For me personally, the only things I will consider is if it's a legit SMP and the cost of tuition, which of course you only want the cheapest one.

You're completly right, it is what you make of it. And all thoughI have seen mixed reviews about the program, it is apparent from past students and the faculty that they are here to help you through every step. What more can you ask for. Thank you for your reply. I hope everything goes well for you!

Hey guys..
They revamped the curriculum a little..
What do you guys think of it ????

You're completly right, it is what you make of it. And all thoughI have seen mixed reviews about the program, it is apparent from past students and the faculty that they are here to help you through every step. What more can you ask for. Thank you for your reply. I hope everything goes well for you!

Thank you! I hope the same for you as well, maybe I'll see you there in August!

Hey guys..
They revamped the curriculum a little..
What do you guys think of it ????

It looks fine to me. I didn't see the first schedule, only which classes were offered. Whatever curriculum, I anticipate a very difficult year lol

Thank you! I hope the same for you as well, maybe I'll see you there in August!

It looks fine to me. I didn't see the first schedule, only which classes were offered. Whatever curriculum, I anticipate a very difficult year lol

Yea its very similar..
only that they split the Semester into 2 (8 weeks), instead of a straight 16 weeks which used to be the case.
Not a big difference though.

Yea its very similar..
only that they split the Semester into 2 (8 weeks), instead of a straight 16 weeks which used to be the case.
Not a big difference though.

I recently attended their virtual open house this Wednesday and they said they switched it to 8 week blocks to create less stress. It was becoming too stressful for the students as the years went by. This years graduating class were the first to try the new curriculum and they stated that it was a "success". We also have 4 days instead of 5 days of classes (No classes on Fridays). The intensity has stayed the same. Just the scheduling has changed I guess for better time management.

I recently attended their virtual open house this Wednesday and they said they switched it to 8 week blocks to create less stress. It was becoming too stressful for the students as the years went by. This years graduating class were the first to try the new curriculum and they stated that it was a "success". We also have 4 days instead of 5 days of classes (No classes on Fridays). The intensity has stayed the same. Just the scheduling has changed I guess for better time management.

Okay.
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure how it worked but I just knew something about the curriculum changed.
So have you decided if you are attending ???

Just got accepted to the program! Still waiting to hear back from other schools though. Is there a FB group for the class of 2018 that I can join?

Just got accepted to the program! Still waiting to hear back from other schools though. Is there a FB group for the class of 2018 that I can join?
Yes there is...
GCSOM MBS 2018 .
But the invitation was sent to my email,other than that,I'm sure you can join directly.

Not sure if this appropriate to ask here, but how do you guys think this program compares to Barry BMS? I have been accepted to both, but I feel like TCMC wouldn't fair as well for an smp to be used as a grade enhancer and would only fair well for those who wish to enroll in TCMC? Mostly due to the smp being tailored as an accelerated smp.

Not sure if this appropriate to ask here, but how do you guys think this program compares to Barry BMS? I have been accepted to both, but I feel like TCMC wouldn't fair as well for an smp to be used as a grade enhancer and would only fair well for those who wish to enroll in TCMC? Mostly due to the smp being tailored as an accelerated smp.
Hey..
I thought someone will answer your question.
I will choose TCMC over barry.
I hear both are good programs.
but I am biased. i never completed my application to Barry.
TCMC is a medical school and I really like their curriculum.
So I hope you make the choice that fits you best.you might get some ideas on Barry's forum.

Hello everyone..
Who is attending.???
July 1 is a major deadline for the school.
So who finally decided on TCMC ???

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the test).