TCOM GPA calculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sqweak

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know how TMDSAS calculates GPAs? I know AACOMAS will replace your older coursework with newer coursework. Do you know if TMDSAS also does the same? Or do they calculate GPA more like AMCAS (averaging all your grades)? Just trying to figure out what my chances at TCOM would be like.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

Does anyone know how TMDSAS calculates GPAs? I know AACOMAS will replace your older coursework with newer coursework. Do you know if TMDSAS also does the same? Or do they calculate GPA more like AMCAS (averaging all your grades)? Just trying to figure out what my chances at TCOM would be like.

Thanks!

They calculate GPA with every class you have ever taken. They do not replace grades. The Science GPA is BCPM. I liked doing TMDSAS, it was not too bad, but they take longer then AACOMAS to calculate GPA's and get things out. I applied really early to both AACOMAS and TMDSAS and my stuff took forever to get to the Texas schools, especially after updates with GPA. Good Luck.