TCOM Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For any current medical students at TCOM do you know anyone that is a Research Assistant and a medical student? This would be done in order to get the tuition discount. I'm looking for some OS students at TCOM to see what there opinion is on what is realalistically possible in order to get the tuition discount or if it is even worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not so sure about this question but maybe I can help you a little. I go to university of North Texas in Denton for undergrad. I have a few friends that are RA's for the biology graduate programs. They do not get any tuition breaks. So if it is the same at the University health center then it would not be worth it.

it says in the financial aid portion of school's website that if you are an RA and work 20 hours a week your OS tuition will be waived and you will pay in state tuition. Regardless of when you start as long it is b4 the 12th day of class I think

http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/sph/documents/Tuition_Fees06_07.pdf

check out pg #4 point number 8.

Good question. I applied and interviewed for the MSTP program which gives a stipend and tuition assistance but that is DO/Ph.D.. So not too sure about regular DO? Call the admin. office, they probably have something for the summer (certainly not during the semester at 20 hours!).