TCOM Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyimnick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I received the automatic email to complete the TCOM secondary application a few weeks back, and am just writing to see the general progress of those that have received it, and if there are any questions about some of the prompts. I'm curious to know how others addressed the two topics in part A.

Members don't see this ad.

heyimnick said:
Hey all,

I received the automatic email to complete the TCOM secondary application a few weeks back, and am just writing to see the general progress of those that have received it, and if there are any questions about some of the prompts. I'm curious to know how others addressed the two topics in part A.

People have started getting interview offers @ TCOM.

Y_Marker said:

Uh oh. Does that mean I'm a little late in the game if I submit it in the next week or so? About how far in the interview process do you believe they've gone?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y_Marker said:

Did you have your lors in before getting the invite? (I am assuming so)

Y_Marker said:

Good luck on your interview and let us know how it goes.

Thanks guys. To answer your questions:

jillibean < Yes, I had my LOR in. Though, I'm not sure an LOR was required to get the interview.

heyimnick < You're not late, but don't procrastinate! They have barely just begun. They are in the process to confirm the exact dates w/ the various admission committee members.

If you've already submitted your secondary and you look on your status page - it'll show that you've been selected for an interview and their office will contact you shortly to schedule.

:luck:

Woah, I am so confused! I thought the first batch just got sent out a few days ago! How the hell did ya'll get secondaries AND even some get interviews ALREADy?! Either way, congrats and good luck

I sent mine in about a week and a half ago. I looked on my status page and it says there is nothing yet. But they did update my UNT homepage to include HSC admissions. I am so excited that they are actually doing interviews early this year! Yay!!!

PleaseMiami said:
Woah, I am so confused! I thought the first batch just got sent out a few days ago! How the hell did ya'll get secondaries AND even some get interviews ALREADy?! Either way, congrats and good luck

I turned my secondary app in without an email invitation - that's why I got an early interview invite to TCOM.

Y_Marker said:
I turned my secondary app in without an email invitation - that's why I got an early interview invite to TCOM.

I'm just curious, what's the first interview date they have?
Thanks

txfisher said:
I'm just curious, what's the first interview date they have?
Thanks

I've heard mid-August.

they received my tmdsas app. but on my "to do" list it says that they need my mcat scores and rec. letters. wasn't that supposed to come with my tmdsas app.?

christvida said:
they received my tmdsas app. but on my "to do" list it says that they need my mcat scores and rec. letters. wasn't that supposed to come with my tmdsas app.?

I've already emailed/left a message with them concerning this.

If you get any response before I do, let us know in the thread. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just talked to a person in the admissions office and they said that to keep watching the "to do" list and if it is not updated in a week then to call back. she said that they often receive the primary and then a week later in the next batch they will receive the locs and mcat scores. this is not really what i wanted to hear considering they are already reviewing the apps.

heyimnick said:
I've already emailed/left a message with them concerning this.

If you get any response before I do, let us know in the thread. Thanks!

For those of you that have been invited for a TCOM interview: How soon after your file was complete were you contacted about setting up the interview? Thanks.

heyimnick said:
For those of you that have been invited for a TCOM interview: How soon after your file was complete were you contacted about setting up the interview? Thanks.

I don't remember a week or so? Do check to the status on the assigned web page. It showed up there first (for me).

Y_Marker said:
I don't remember a week or so? Do check to the status on the assigned web page. It showed up there first (for me).

A week! Oh no, now that I know that I will be even more paranoid about checking my status.

All my stuff was in by June 26th... Today my status had changed to "You have been selected for an interview." Just to give a time frame (including July 4th holidays)

lilTXcatMD said:
All my stuff was in by June 26th... Today my status had changed to "You have been selected for an interview." Just to give a time frame (including July 4th holidays)

Yeah, mine changed to the same thing.

I'm wondering if they really screened anyone out from getting an interview, or whether we all got interview invites because we applied so early.

I was wondering if I should wait to submit my secondary until I find out if I will have a letter from a D.O. My mothers boss is a D.O. but I think she wants to write me a letter just for the school she went to. So I am kind of stuck. I have a letter from the Vice-President of my university on my behalf that I was going to send. Do you think this would be good enough? Please let me know what you think!!! :confused: :luck:

I just received my sencodary from TCOM. I submitted it today.

I know this is probably a stupid question.... I can't find the status page???? I submitted yesterday.... anyone have the link??

Nevermind.... I figured it out. Just shows I should read my emails a little more closely.

lilTXcatMD said:

How do you check the status? Did you get an email?