Tcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abram_Graham

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow friends,

I wanted to know if I attended TCOM (the osteopathic school in Texas) for medical school and then applied to several of the state allopathic residencies for residency would I have to take Step I and II. I'm a Texas resident applying to all of the medical schools (eight total) and wanted to know if I had to take both the COMLEX and Step I and II to get into a allopathic residency in Texas if I attended the osteopathic school.
Thanks,
Keith

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the specialty and the individual programs. Most primary care will probably not require both. You cannot just say "yes, you have to take both."

The state medical examiner board is integrated so licensing is not a problem either with only the COMLEX

Yes, you will have to take both. At least at UTMB, you have to have passed the USMLE steps to do the allopathic residency and you have to have taken all the COMLEX steps for liscensure - At least that's what a TCOM graduate told me (she's doing a pedi residency here at UTMB)

Star