teach me hindi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainJack02

let's stir and shake
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
cuss words.
:)
how do i learn the language? it's not like i can pick up pimsleur from b&n. i feel so inadequate not knowing how to speak it.

Members don't see this ad.

CaptainJack02 said:
cuss words.
how do i learn the language? it's not like i can pick up pimsleur from b&n. i feel so inadequate not knowing how to speak it.

just say bhenchod whenever you need to cuss... :D

oops...
thats punjabi...not hindi :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
"haathi chod"

-Ice

ice_23 said:
"haathi chod"

-Ice

No no, I was really talking about the language. Like, normal, decent conversation. Say, with a really pretty girl :D Or to build trust with that math genius fresh from calcutta who can do your homework :thumbup:

1hotaartichoke said:

madam! such words will NOT come out of this law-abiding :laugh: citizen's mouth!

check this out, use some poetry:
"chup gaya badli na jaake, chand be sherma gaya;
aap ko dekha tho, phulon kho pasina aaa gaya!"

that would be applicable to the pretty lady; the fresh math genius - try some mathematical puzzzles like "how long does it take for a frog to complete distance of 1 miles, if it jumps exactly half the distance everytime in 5 mins?"

:D

CaptainJack02 said:
No no, I was really talking about the language. Like, normal, decent conversation. Say, with a really pretty girl :D Or to build trust with that math genius fresh from calcutta who can do your homework :thumbup:

:D

Premedtomed said:
It is Hindi
wow Miss didn't expect you to know such words

the smiling, innocent vegetable look is just a ruse, i know it.

CaptainJack02 said:
cuss words.

How about making some friends who do speak hindi.....or a girlfriend would also be a great help.I know lots of people who learn new languages in this way.anyways,all the best.

CaptainJack02 said:
the smiling, innocent vegetable look is just a ruse, i know it.

Premedtomed said:
wow Miss didn't expect you to know such words.

you guys caught me :oops:

CaptainJack02 said:

captn jack...are you indian? at first i thought no, then i think yes, then i think no...so what are you? and is there a specific indian girl you are trying to win over with your hindi? you could start with the basics and learn how to count 1-10.

1- Ek
2- Do
3- Teen
4- Char
5- Panch
6- Che
7- Saat
8- Aat
9- Nau
10- Dus
:thumbup: :D

actually a failry easy way to pick up on stuff is to watch hindi movies with someone who speaks hindi, and then try to figure things out taht way (without the subtitles on, cuz those are never correct and accurate) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
"Arey sala, jharoo se marenge."

It's something a Bihari criminal might say to an inept henchman in a Bollywood film. :thumbup:

Llenroc said:

It's something a Bihari criminal might say to an inept henchman in a Bollywood film. :thumbup:

I like it! what's it mean? i think the last word means kill/murder? and sala is a curse word?

ooh, naughty! :D

Llenroc said:

:D :laugh: :D

parasiteatwork said:
If you seriously want to learn hindi you shold first get hold of a hindi to english or vice versa dictionary and then keep practising.I think you will be able to learn this way.

dr_pa_priya said:
If you seriously want to learn hindi you shold first get hold of a hindi to english or vice versa dictionary and then keep practising.I think you will be able to learn this way.
maybe yes....but that would probably take centuries before the guy can mnage to say afew sentences........

i learned by watching the movies or by translating my favorite songs.

i can understand it pretty well, and i can woo women with lyrics from love songs like its my job. pretty much every song is a new way of saying i love you.

"ye zameen rukhe jaye, aasman jhukejaye, tera chehra jab nazar aaye"

yeah, that gets them every time.

PublicEnemy said:
i learned by watching the movies or by translating my favorite songs.

i can understand it pretty well, and i can woo women with lyrics from love songs like its my job. pretty much every song is a new way of saying i love you.

"ye zameen rukhe jaye, aasman jhukejaye, tera chehra jab nazar aaye"

yeah, that gets them every time.

that song is sweet...but i don't like how he sings it for some reason (i know..im gonna get mega-flamed here)

1hotaartichoke said:
that song is sweet...but i don't like how he sings it for some reason (i know..im gonna get mega-flamed here)

his voice is really distinct, but its not exactly how i would sing his songs, but he's approximately 5000 lbs, and he comes up with some great romantic songs, so he's a baller.

1hotaartichoke said:

k, aarti, i just asked my mom what that meant and i got a really mean glare :mad: i didn't realize it was actually a really bad word or phrase or whatever

tinkerbelle said:
k, aarti, i just asked my mom what that meant and i got a really mean glare :mad: i didn't realize it was actually a really bad word or phrase or whatever

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Before asking your mom, why don't you ask some experienced people on the india forum

nimeshshingala said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Before asking your mom, why don't you ask some experienced people on the india forum

well i though aarti was kidding :D and even if she wasn't i didn't think it could be that bad....