teaching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

de297

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i would really appreciate if someone could tell me if NBDE and DDS are mandatory for getting into the teaching profession..
i checked a couple of the university websites but none were very helpful.
how good are these MSc programs?
arethey useful if one wants to get into teaching?
would be really grateful for the replies.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi
i would really appreciate if someone could tell me if NBDE and DDS are mandatory for getting into the teaching profession..
i checked a couple of the university websites but none were very helpful.
how good are these MSc programs?
arethey useful if one wants to get into teaching?
would be really grateful for the replies.
thanks

If you want to teach... NBDE and DDS are not mandatory. You will probably get a teaching position at most universities. However, the position you will get at dental schools will not be clinical and will be mostly part-time i.e. if you have just a BDS. Also, you cannot move up the ladder if you don't have further education or a PhD to get some grants for the school through research.
Your teaching position in dental assisting and dental hygiene schools will give you pretty good money if you are a full time faculty. Also, it is easy to get a full-time position in assisting and hygiene schools. I found great satisfaction in teaching full time at assisting and hygiene schools. Sometimes, hindsight asks me why I quit to go back to dental school? ;) Anyway, everything happens for a reason. I will go back to teach part-time until I pay off my loans and maybe consider getting a full-time position.

If you want to teach... NBDE and DDS are not mandatory. You will probably get a teaching position at most universities. However, the position you will get at dental schools will not be clinical and will be mostly part-time i.e. if you have just a BDS. Also, you cannot move up the ladder if you don't have further education or a PhD to get some grants for the school through research.
Your teaching position in dental assisting and dental hygiene schools will give you pretty good money if you are a full time faculty. Also, it is easy to get a full-time position in assisting and hygiene schools. I found great satisfaction in teaching full time at assisting and hygiene schools. Sometimes, hindsight asks me why I quit to go back to dental school? ;) Anyway, everything happens for a reason. I will go back to teach part-time until I pay off my loans and maybe consider getting a full-time position.

thanks a lot.i really appreciate the input
:)