Teamhealth email question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlmostAnMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two of of the sites I moonlight at are teamhealth places

But the only way they communicate is through my @teamhealth.com email address for security purposes or some nonsense.

However, checking that email is a pain in the ass. It involves going to some website with 9 layers of authentication, gotta get a text on my phone, THEN i can see my emails. As you can imagine, I've pretty much slacked off and rarely check it.

Is there any way I can open it as an inbox in outlook? Anyone know how? I have various emails from the 4 different places I moonlight at as well as my own residency all inside outlook as separate inboxes for easy viewing. Anyone know the settings to do this with TH, if possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

But the only way they communicate is through my @teamhealth.com email address for security purposes or some nonsense.

However, checking that email is a pain in the ass. It involves going to some website with 9 layers of authentication, gotta get a text on my phone, THEN i can see my emails. As you can imagine, I've pretty much slacked off and rarely check it.

Is there any way I can open it as an inbox in outlook? Anyone know how? I have various emails from the 4 different places I moonlight at as well as my own residency all inside outlook as separate inboxes for easy viewing. Anyone know the settings to do this with TH, if possible?
No clue about that email specifically, but you may be able to set up an automatic forwarding rule and have all your email forwarded to another address. I used to do this on my work email when they used to use some horrible system that didn't have a real search function. May not be possible, but worth a shot.

It's probably a Microsoft Exchange server if they allow it. Occasionally it's IMAP or POP, but try Exchange. Simply create a new account in Outlook, choose Exchange, and type your email address. A lot of times Outlook can figure out the address and settings.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no affiliation with Team. Don't know what they use for email services but would think it could be set up with Outlook or your client of choice somehow.

That said, often big corporations with those kinds of setups also have policies forbidding email forwarding to outside domains. Would seem to me that Team may be such a company that would care more than some do.

People do it all the time. I do it for non-sensitive material from academic affiliations. Your mileage may vary.

I’m sure if you just went to Chili’s and drank 14 beers you would figure it out.

Reactions: 2 users

I think TH recently got hacked, so they added an extra layer of authentication. But I believe if you download the MobileIron app on your mobile device and hook into TH via your phone, there is no additional layer of security. That's how I ready my emails from TH.

The TeamHealth portal (thi.teamhealth.com) should have somewhere on there instructions for looking at the TH email on your phone.

It's probably a Microsoft Exchange server if they allow it. Occasionally it's IMAP or POP, but try Exchange. Simply create a new account in Outlook, choose Exchange, and type your email address. A lot of times Outlook can figure out the address and settings.

This is a good thought, it's one of the first things I tried.

It actually does proceed when I choose outlook. However, a login screen pops up that says "connecting to [email protected]

and prompt with my email up, asking me to put my password, but it doesn't work

From what I understand of outlook (like how my other accounts are set up) it probably needs a domain/user format then password

No idea what the domain would be though

And yeah I saw the phone option, just wasn't a fan. I just....like using outlook desktop client I guess. Though if this doesn't work I'll probably bite the bullet and just get it on my phone...can only miss so many open shifts $_$

Have you thought about emailing TH to ask? It may not be a domain that you need, but they may have it configured that you need an app-specific password. One of the fire services where I am medical director has an Exchange server that requires a domain. Two of my other Exchange accounts auto-configured with just my email address.