Tech. from one state working in another state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharm2love

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pharm tech in Virginia, and I'll move to Kentucky. Can I work as a tech in KY right away? or I will have to pass the KY tech exam? Thanks
 
As long as you pass the ptce national exam you are certified nationally. Therefore the only thing you have to do is research whether or not the state requires you to register under their board of pharmacy in order to begin working.

I know in California you have to be a registered Ca tech in order to work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh thanks guys. Pretty helpful line from the url, "If you are currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist Intern, there is no need for you to be registered as a pharmacy technician."