Technical dentistry questions during interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanangel4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, do dental schools ask you specific dentistry questions to test your knowledge? Such as "what are the steps to preparing a dental implant?" or something like that, especially if you have shadowed many hours? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering, do dental schools ask you specific dentistry questions to test your knowledge? Such as "what are the steps to preparing a dental implant?" or something like that, especially if you have shadowed many hours? Thanks!
Even recent graduates/practitioners might have a hard time with the "steps to preparing a dental implant".

Members don't see this ad :)
they will not ask you technical questions because you haven't received enough training (yet) to know what your talking about.

they will however, ask you about WHY you choose this career, they may ask you about your strengths and weaknesses etc etc (personal type questions)

thanks everyone for your responses! I guess I just wanted to clarify that I was curious because I worked as a dental assistant for my shadowing hours. And although I have shadowed a total of almost 200 hours, I only went in about once every one or two weeks, so it was hard for me to pick up the details to the procedures. I was just wondering if they would ask me specifics since I worked as an "assistant" instead of merely shadowing.