1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Technical dentistry questions during interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by oceanangel4, Sep 4, 2014.

1. oceanangel4

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I was just wondering, do dental schools ask you specific dentistry questions to test your knowledge? Such as "what are the steps to preparing a dental implant?" or something like that, especially if you have shadowed many hours? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sjv

sjv
    Moderator Dentist 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, but they could ask to to describe what you observed while shadowing, nothing technical or anything.

4. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Even recent graduates/practitioners might have a hard time with the "steps to preparing a dental implant".

5. dentalWorks

dentalWorks Nights Watchmen
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    they will not ask you technical questions because you haven't received enough training (yet) to know what your talking about.

they will however, ask you about WHY you choose this career, they may ask you about your strengths and weaknesses etc etc (personal type questions)

6. dentalWorks

dentalWorks Nights Watchmen
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    amen to that

7. cacajuate

5+ Year Member

you know nothing jon snow

oceanangel4 and free99 like this.
  8. oceanangel4

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    thanks everyone for your responses! I guess I just wanted to clarify that I was curious because I worked as a dental assistant for my shadowing hours. And although I have shadowed a total of almost 200 hours, I only went in about once every one or two weeks, so it was hard for me to pick up the details to the procedures. I was just wondering if they would ask me specifics since I worked as an "assistant" instead of merely shadowing.