TEE- self-study sites/cd software?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drfeelgood76

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Anyone know of some free sites/software to help with getting a basic/better understanding of TEE? I know there are plenty of books, but any good software on the internet at all?
 
drfeelgood76 said:
Hi,
Anyone know of some free sites/software to help with getting a basic/better understanding of TEE? I know there are plenty of books, but any good software on the internet at all?

Try these:

http://www.manbit.com/ERS/ERSindex.asp
http://www2.umdnj.edu/~shindler/abc.html
http://www.unc.edu/~rvp/RP_Anesthesia/Basics/HPSonos5500TEEExam.html
http://www2.umdnj.edu/~shindler/tee.html

The definitive American Society of Echocardiography DVD lecture series from 2004 is also outstanding, but pricey ($1,000 +).

I used the Perrino, Savage, Otto, and Sidebotham texts, starting with Perrino and Sidebotham, then Otto, then Savage.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lvspro said:
I'M Really interested in tee too.
I used the below website for plenty of studying. I like the fact that it has models, actual pics, and best of all, real tee's you can play, and review for yourself at your leisure.

http://info.med.yale.edu/intmed/cardio/echo_atlas/contents/index.html

Once again, easily my best tee resource.

I like that website too but just be aware that it is a mix of TTE and TEE, so some of the views you see there will be backwards or reversed when you use the TEE.
 
UTSouthwestern said:
I like that website too but just be aware that it is a mix of TTE and TEE, so some of the views you see there will be backwards or reversed when you use the TEE.

Yup. As usual, the big T loans a helping hand... thanks.

Hey UT, I hope all's well with the whole Rita thing and all.
 
lvspro said:
Yup. As usual, the big T loans a helping hand... thanks.

Hey UT, I hope all's well with the whole Rita thing and all.

Much to do about nothing here in Dallas. Across from my apartment is a hotel parking complex they are using as a staging area for flood/tornado damage control, and now it may not even rain here.
 
Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for your helpful links. Yeah UT, I hope things are safe down in Texas. I had this wild idea of doing private practice close to corpus christi or something like that but I guess I should think twice huh?! Take care, and thanks again.
 
UTSouthwestern said:
Much to do about nothing here in Dallas. Across from my apartment is a hotel parking complex they are using as a staging area for flood/tornado damage control, and now it may not even rain here.

Prolly a big clusterfu(k, but better safe than sorry. Anyhoo, good to see that things are ok w/u.