teeth collecting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dexadental

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you all going about doing this? Making progress?...haven't started yet...thinking of calling some oral surgeons tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

dexadental said:
How are you all going about doing this? Making progress?...haven't started yet...thinking of calling some oral surgeons tomorrow.

Columbia doesn't need to collect teeth. During summer session before moving on to D-3 all the D-2s go on OS rotation to hospitals all over NYC and bring home the goods for the lower classmen.

Wouldn't it be more convenient for the oral surgeons to collect one big jar of teeth for a school rather than having 5 or 6 different jars sitting around and students calling in all the time asking for teeth? Oh, and how come if a person dies and isn't listed as an organ donor, noone can have the kidneys... but if someone gets a tooth extracted, it's no problem to use it for study?

Anyhow... to answer your question, I would start now because they don't usually keep stockpiles lying around. You'll take in a jar and they'll collect them as the extractions are done. I'm going to 3 oral surgeons tomorrow with name-labeled jars containing 1-4 dilutions of bleach.

Happy hunting,

Dan

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:
I dropped off a bottle with my name on it at 2 different oral surgeons like 2-3 weeks ago.

My roommate is a D2 at Nova and she told me that you dont need many teeth your first year, but you need alot for Endo class the second year. They dont really have a requirement about how many you should get but the more you have the more to practice with. I dropped off jars with 4 oral surgeons, and they were all really nice about it. They wanted to tell me stories about how they had to do the same thing. I would get started very soon!