Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Teeth collection

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by lhtran07, Jan 5, 2009.

1. lhtran07

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    UT Memphis wants their students to collect extracted teeth for pre-clinical course work. But in my acceptance packet they don't say how many teeth I need to collect. Anybody have any idea?

Also, any recommendations/advice on how to do this? Should I just ask a few GP's if they can help me or do OMFS guys do more extractions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iJackTeeth

2+ Year Member

Rehab Sci Student
    a GP should do, worst come to worse, you can always pull your own teeth out for use

4. DDSAg09

DDSAg09 Baylor Class of 2013
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    OMFS will have a bunch of thirds. I'm got a few GP's, an OMFS, and a perio collecting for me. I'll probably keep the best of what I collect and help some friends out if I've got extras. I think my school (Baylor) requires 60 from what a current D1 told me but she said to have some extras too.

5. Quattro DMD

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school told me not to collect thirds, but I'm just having the GP I shadowed collect for me. There's plenty of time to collect teeth anyway.

6. trixie2126

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does anyone know how many teeth you have to collect for Temple, and by when??? Also, do you need a certain number for each kind of tooth (such as a certain number of molars, incisors, etc)???