Teeth collection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lhtran07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UT Memphis wants their students to collect extracted teeth for pre-clinical course work. But in my acceptance packet they don't say how many teeth I need to collect. Anybody have any idea?

Also, any recommendations/advice on how to do this? Should I just ask a few GP's if they can help me or do OMFS guys do more extractions?

Members don't see this ad.

U
Also, any recommendations/advice on how to do this? Should I just ask a few GP's if they can help me or do OMFS guys do more extractions?

a GP should do, worst come to worse, you can always pull your own teeth out for use

OMFS will have a bunch of thirds. I'm got a few GP's, an OMFS, and a perio collecting for me. I'll probably keep the best of what I collect and help some friends out if I've got extras. I think my school (Baylor) requires 60 from what a current D1 told me but she said to have some extras too.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school told me not to collect thirds, but I'm just having the GP I shadowed collect for me. There's plenty of time to collect teeth anyway.

Does anyone know how many teeth you have to collect for Temple, and by when??? Also, do you need a certain number for each kind of tooth (such as a certain number of molars, incisors, etc)???