Tegretol ******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkpd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, a man with his 20+ y.o. son (doesn't look too normal) dropped off a script today...my tech showed me the script and here's what on the rx:
"Tegretol ****** 400mg 1 po.... #14"
:eek::eek: yea...that was both our expressions. Is that what the MD was thinking about that kid when she wrote the RX??
I called up the MD office and she told us that the patient is from UK and that's what it is called.
I didnt believe her and pulled out my cell phone and googled "Tegretol ******". guess what?? it is known as Tegretol ******.
Can you guys imagine what kind of lawsuit we'll see if Tegretol XL is named Tegretol ****** in this country?

Members don't see this ad.

******: To keep delaying; to continue to hinder; to prevent from progress; to render more slow in progress; to impede; to hinder; as, to ****** the march of an army; to ****** the motion of a ship; -- opposed to accelerate.

Perfectly acceptable alternative to "delayed release"

i know the defination of ******...but looking at the patient...you cannot help but thinking that it might be a mistake...u know what i mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know... I use the term "******" in many of my sentences discussing drugs.. and pharmacotherapy. And I'm not talking about intelligence.

And as long as he's not writing "******" on all scripts...but only for those brits who requested, I don't see any harm.

Tho..I get your point...

I think it's all in how you pronounce it: ****** definitely sounds like someone who should be wearing a helmet, while ****** makes sense in the context. Personally I would have laughed my ass off.