Underdawg

Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
26
0
Status
For those that are Texas residents.....did you apply through TMDSAS and AADSAS both, or just through TMDSAS? Is there any benifit to applying through both?
 

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
1,703
5
39
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Underdawg said:
For those that are Texas residents.....did you apply through TMDSAS and AADSAS both, or just through TMDSAS? Is there any benifit to applying through both?
depends on what your going to do. Are you going to apply to just the 3 texas schools, if so then just use TMDSAS.

If your going to apply outstate, u can use the AADSAS to apply to your outstate schools and use it as well to apply to Texas schools as well.

I know lots of people that used both, TMDSAS-becuase the application is ready by may 1st where as the AADSAS is not ready untill the middle of May.

Good luck, this process is a totall bitch.

HD
 
OP
U

Underdawg

Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
26
0
Status
I will be applying to both Texas and out of state schools.......in which case, it seems that you are suggesting that AADSAS would be just fine for both. So, in all reality, it probably doesn't matter which one I use, as long as the application gets in.

Thanks

Underdawg

And I am definetely not looking foreward to this rediculously complex appication process for the next year of my life....sucks but oh well
 

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
1,703
5
39
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
Underdawg said:
I will be applying to both Texas and out of state schools.......in which case, it seems that you are suggesting that AADSAS would be just fine for both. So, in all reality, it probably doesn't matter which one I use, as long as the application gets in.

Thanks

Underdawg

And I am definetely not looking foreward to this rediculously complex appication process for the next year of my life....sucks but oh well
Consider the cost as well, it might be cheaper to send your application to the schools in texas using TMDSAS, I think its like 75 dollars for all 3, where as AADSAS its a lot more, i can't recall the amount, but its hellva lot more.

HD
 

Rezdawg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
1,617
2
Houston
Visit site
Status
Dentist
I was under the impression that if you are a Texas resident, you must use TMDSAS for the Texas schools, not AADSAS.

Im not 100% sure, but that's what I thought.
 

toothfairy_TX

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
22
0
Status
If you're applying out-of-state, then do both. That way your certain that the texas schools are getting your applications in. TMDSAS is far more preferred for an in-state resident. Therefore, for the texas schools, you should probably fill out the TMDSAS application and then for your out-of-state schools fill out the AADSAS app. and just add on the texas schools for your own reassurance. That's how I did it, and thats how everyone I know did it.

Good luck!
 

bigbevo34

peon
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
84
0
ATX
Status
toothfairy_TX said:
If you're applying out-of-state, then do both. That way your certain that the texas schools are getting your applications in. TMDSAS is far more preferred for an in-state resident. Therefore, for the texas schools, you should probably fill out the TMDSAS application and then for your out-of-state schools fill out the AADSAS app. and just add on the texas schools for your own reassurance. That's how I did it, and thats how everyone I know did it.

Good luck!

You don't need to put the Texas schools on the AADSAS application. That's at least a hundred more bucks you don't need to be spending! TMDSAS is FAR more reliable and it is much easier to get in contact w/ them. Save your money.
 

dentwannabe

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
630
1
Status
WHAT IF.. I'm an out-of-stater applying to Texas schools? Do i just stick with TMDAAS?

should i bother applying to baylor if my gpa is 3.2-ish
 

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
1,703
5
39
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
dentwannabe said:
WHAT IF.. I'm an out-of-stater applying to Texas schools? Do i just stick with TMDAAS?

should i bother applying to baylor if my gpa is 3.2-ish
unless you get a 30 on the dat, sorry but its true, avg gpa is around a 3.5

HD