Telemedicine/health/optometry abroad

Started by aounski
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aounski

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Need some help on this one. Currently licensed in 4 states. I live in one of the four while I practice remotely part-time and part-time in person. In other words, I work hybrid. I understand that the Supreme Court ruled that Medicare and Medicaid cannot be billed if a physician (I assume MD) is not in the United States. This means that physicians are able to do telehealth abroad. Does the same apply for optometrists, or should I contact my state government on a better understanding of how telehealth works?
 
Hi everyone,

Need some help on this one. Currently licensed in 4 states. I live in one of the four while I practice remotely part-time and part-time in person. In other words, I work hybrid. I understand that the Supreme Court ruled that Medicare and Medicaid cannot be billed if a physician (I assume MD) is not in the United States. This means that physicians are able to do telehealth abroad. Does the same apply for optometrists, or should I contact my state government on a better understanding of how telehealth works?
i think best to check with your state optometry board.