Telemedicine in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buenomd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw this from Texas Medical Association. Telemedicine Payments Promised, Regulations Eased I'm currently licenses as physician (IM), nor practicing yet, in the process of getting credentialed to start my first job in a few months. I'm interested in exploring telemedicine route in the meantime. My thinking is to get setup now as there're lots of waivers in place. My understanding is that with Texas license I can only practice telemedicine in Texas.

I've no idea about this but looks like I should get on the bandwagon and maybe grandfathered later when more restrictions may be placed/original restrictions are brought back on telemedicine licensing.

Looking for guidance. Please share your thoughts. Thank you and please stay safe wherever you are!!

Members don't see this ad.

Saw this from Texas Medical Association. Telemedicine Payments Promised, Regulations Eased I'm currently licenses as physician (IM), nor practicing yet, in the process of getting credentialed to start my first job in a few months. I'm interested in exploring telemedicine route in the meantime. My thinking is to get setup now as there're lots of waivers in place. My understanding is that with Texas license I can only practice telemedicine in Texas.

I've no idea about this but looks like I should get on the bandwagon and maybe grandfathered later when more restrictions may be placed/original restrictions are brought back on telemedicine licensing.

Looking for guidance. Please share your thoughts. Thank you and please stay safe wherever you are!!
The waivers are because of the pandemic...doubt they will be permanent.

The waivers are because of the pandemic...doubt they will be permanent.

Understood. What's the telemedicine experience like? Is it a good way of "working from home". I'm jealous of my spouse who works in IT and works from home all the time..Pretty sure telemedicine doesn't pay as well as the actual in-hospital gig.

Understood. What's the telemedicine experience like? Is it a good way of "working from home". I'm jealous of my spouse who works in IT and works from home all the time..Pretty sure telemedicine doesn't pay as well as the actual in-hospital gig.
I'm still coming to the office on my regular clinic days even though over 50% of my patients are phone/virtual visits. They are the best days of my week.