telepsych firms??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

justordinary

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently in academia. I've realized that I actually don't want to stay in academia (not a big fan of research, don't like that compensation is not as high as private hospitals, etc).. I've actually been enjoying telepsych visits which actually is a big surprise to me (when COVID hit and hospital switched to telepsych mode, I thought it would be a ****show and I'd hate it but this was a pleasant surprise). Does anyone work for a telemedicine company that they would recommend? thanks!
 
Create your own. Leave the academic clinic, and send letters to the patients letting them know you are opening your own telemedicine practice.
Do not send letters the patients letting them know about your practice. Most academic centers (and other "big box shops" per sushirolls) will have a non-solicitation clause so if you leave you cannot advertise your practice to patients. They could come after you with very heavy fines (I know of academic psychiatrists who have been fined for violating non-competes). However there is nothing stopping patients following you into private practice and at some overwhelmed institutions they may turn a blind eye, just don't create a paper trail.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do not send letters the patients letting them know about your practice. Most academic centers (and other "big box shops" per sushirolls) will have a non-solicitation clause so if you leave you cannot advertise your practice to patients. They could come after you with very heavy fines (I know of academic psychiatrists who have been fined for violating non-competes). However there is nothing stopping patients following you into private practice and at some overwhelmed institutions they may turn a blind eye, just don't create a paper trail.
yea my hospital has non-compete clause which would make it difficult to transfer my patients... where can I go for resources in creating PP telepsych practice? I assume LLC (or PLLC?) would be under my home address, would most likely have to accept some insurance to build up patient load... I know medicare reimbursement rate in my area so I can base off reimbursement rates around medicare rates, look for EMR system, maybe look for some virtual front-desk service and billing service (any particular suggestions?) thank you!
 
yea my hospital has non-compete clause which would make it difficult to transfer my patients... where can I go for resources in creating PP telepsych practice? I assume LLC (or PLLC?) would be under my home address, would most likely have to accept some insurance to build up patient load... I know medicare reimbursement rate in my area so I can base off reimbursement rates around medicare rates, look for EMR system, maybe look for some virtual front-desk service and billing service (any particular suggestions?) thank you!
UPS store give you an actual mailing address out of their store front. Not a PO box. I wouldn't use my home address.
 
ok so step are
1) set up LLC with a UPS store
2) obtain EHR system
3) sign up with insurance panels
4) get malpractice insurance

do you guys recommend any good resources to starting telepsych PP?
 
Read that thread if you haven't already, you'll find your checklist of what to do buried in there some where.

Consider using PRMS as your liability insurance carrier and use their internal CME for telepsych education.
 
Read that thread if you haven't already, you'll find your checklist of what to do buried in there some where.

Consider using PRMS as your liability insurance carrier and use their internal CME for telepsych education.
thank you!
 
Luminello is a simpler easier interface with more streamlined functionality.

Charm has a few extra features but is more reflective of an IT person created EMR compared to a clinical person created EMR. Charm also focuses a bit more towards the ND crowd, but overall its applicability to other specialties is good. I know of a sleep medicine specialist using Charm and is happy with it. I believe Charm has cell phone reminders that luminello doesn't.

Ulitmately, start a trial free account with both, do their educational/ onboarding/ recruitment introductions to test out each. Decide for yourself.

Both have good pricing structure and features with the cost point, but luminello is better, in my opinion.