Teleradiology / working from home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedLyfee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

for those who have worked or know of someone that works from home, I would love to get your input on some of these questions.

- How viable of an option is this?
- If viable, what are the salaries like if one works full-time from home?
- How flexible are the hours from home? Do I have x amount of scans that need to be read over the course of a day or is it I log in and have constant reads for x amount of hours?

Feel free to add any input, just looking for someone with experience with this type of work to share their opinion on it. This is all assuming the radiologist is US trained as well as resides in the states.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

What I know:

- Tele is a bad option for a first job unless you want to do it for life. It’s really hard to get a normal job from tele.

- The one person I know that works for vRad gets paid per study read and is expected to clock in a certain number of hours a week

Hey fellas,

for those who have worked or know of someone that works from home, I would love to get your input on some of these questions.

- How viable of an option is this?
- If viable, what are the salaries like if one works full-time from home?
- How flexible are the hours from home? Do I have x amount of scans that need to be read over the course of a day or is it I log in and have constant reads for x amount of hours?

Feel free to add any input, just looking for someone with experience with this type of work to share their opinion on it. This is all assuming the radiologist is US trained as well as resides in the states.

Cheers.

What is your level training?

Members don't see this ad :)
What I know:

- Tele is a bad option for a first job unless you want to do it for life. It’s really hard to get a normal job from tele.

- The one person I know that works for vRad gets paid per study read and is expected to clock in a certain number of hours a week
I appreciate the input

What is your level training?
In my third year of training, not sure why that's relevant to the question

Vrad pays peanut per study. If you want to be the main breadwinner telerad isn’t a good option

In my third year of training, not sure why that's relevant to the question

Very relevant. I wanted to know that you are asking this question because you are a resident looking for a job or you are a medical student trying to choose your specialty.

I would say radiology is not probably for you. You are asking about salary and working from home in the same sentence. It is not going to work well for you. Radiology has long working hours compared to some other fields.

It is totally fine to want a lifestyle field. Radiology is the most fascinating field in medicine but is not one of them. Do ER, Derm or family medicine.

Reactions: 1 user