"Tell me a joke" interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chargersfan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I during my mock interview I was asked this question, "So, tell me a joke?" I had some trouble with this (as I am naturally not very witty) and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this question on the interview trail. Or what would be a good appropriate joke to tell?
 
doctor: im not sure what the cause of your jaundice is...i think it could be due to alcohol
patient: thats okay, i can come back when you are sober.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you hear about that nurse who swallowed a razor blade? Yeah, she lacerated her esophagus, performed her own cholecystectomy and appendectomy and circumcised three doctors....
 
Did you hear about that nurse who swallowed a razor blade? Yeah, she lacerated her esophagus, performed her own cholecystectomy and appendectomy and circumcised three doctors....

The dirtier the joke the better...lol
 
Where do you hide money from a surgeon?
In the chart.

Where do you hide money from an internist?
Under a wound dressing.

Where do you hide money from a neurosurgeon?
With his family.

Where do you hide money from a cardiologist?
Trick question! You can't hide money from a cardiologist.

Why do they put nails in a coffin?
To keep heme/onc's from giving one more round of chemo.

I was never asked to tell a joke in an interview, but definitely exchanged jokes during the tours of the hospital (they can get pretty boring... A ward is a ward is a ward).
 
^those are pretty good, Frisbee.

God, the first jokes that popped into my mind were Yo Mama jokes, specifically Yo Mama is so stupid that when she got locked in a supermarket overnight she starved to death. haha I love that one
 
Where do you hide a $100 bill from a pediatrician?
You don't have to, a pediatrician doesn't know what one looks like.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a dermatologist?
The call room.

Where do you hide a $100 bill from a general surgeon?
Tape it to the forehead of their firstborn child.
 
Interviewer: Tell me a joke.
Applicant: Your program is a joke. **drops the mic and walks away**

Yeah I did something similar to that on the last day of interviews (I just wanted to get a free lunch as I heard it was great as well as get out of rotations for a day)
I did it more civilly though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A ob/gyn gets fed up with the ridiculous malpractice insurance and decides to quit and become a mechanic. He enrolls in mechanic school and does really well. The day of the final exam comes which entails completely disassembling a car and putting it back together in working order. The ex-ob/gyn does his best and waits expectantly for his final grade. On the day the grades are released, the former baby catcher sees his final grade listed as 150%! Perplexed, he asks the instructor why he had such a high grade.

The instructor says, "I gave you 50% for completely disassembling the car perfectly, 50% for putting it back in working order without error, and 50% for doing it all through the tailpipe."