Tell me about cow surgery!

Started by CUHA2014
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUHA2014

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a veterinary student who has to do an assignment that requires me to talk to a non-Cornell large animal surgeon. Unfortunately I don't know any! I have to write one page about ANY aspect of bovine abdominal surgery.

As a small animal person I am interested in hearing about the challenges and rewards of abdominal surgery in such a big animal. Being used to working on dogs and cats, the world of cow surgery is new and scary. I'd love to hear what an experienced large animal vet has to say about what their favorite surgeries and parts of the procedure are, as well as the surgeries they dread and what specific challenges those pose.

Since this is a forum I'd love to hear lot of opinions. Chime in was a favorite story!

Thank you in advance for your help!
 
I'm a veterinary student who has to do an assignment that requires me to talk to a non-Cornell large animal surgeon. Unfortunately I don't know any! I have to write one page about ANY aspect of bovine abdominal surgery.

As a small animal person I am interested in hearing about the challenges and rewards of abdominal surgery in such a big animal. Being used to working on dogs and cats, the world of cow surgery is new and scary. I'd love to hear what an experienced large animal vet has to say about what their favorite surgeries and parts of the procedure are, as well as the surgeries they dread and what specific challenges those pose.

Since this is a forum I'd love to hear lot of opinions. Chime in was a favorite story!

Thank you in advance for your help!

SDN isn't for homework help. You should google large animal surgeons in your area and go from there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Google American Association of Bovine Practitioners, Association of Rural Vets, etc. Find farmers in the area and ask them who their vet is. They may not be common, but you will find one. They are usually happy to talk to prevets and vet students. You aren't going to find many, if any, LA vet surgeons here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.