Tell me about your open lab hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deezeer55

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering if you guys can post your open lab hours (mainly for the sim lab) at your dental school. Our school only has it twice a week for 2 hours each day (4 hours a week total) and wanted to hear what your guys situation is. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

till 8 pm daily. closed during the weekends. sometimes when we have a big practical / project due date coming up, our professors will make sure that lab will stay open during the weekend. sometimes lab closes early but those are very rare and we are notified in advance.

Lab being closed on weekends is harsh. I think they played around with that idea with us and we were like "lol no".

I think our new lab closes at 9pm or 10pm. Our old lab closes at 11pm. Open on weekends and holidays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our lab closes around 9pm on weekdays, open from 7am-7pm on weekends.

Reactions: 1 user
Sim lab is barely open. Wetlab is 24 hours however.

That is a good question to ask during interviews

Reactions: 4 users
Touro: Lab is open 8am-Midnight Sunday-Thursday, closed from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday (Jewish Sabbath).

Of course there may be a class in there, in which case it isn't really open for just any student to walk in, but generally that means you should be in class as well.

Reactions: 1 user
So I was wondering if you guys can post your open lab hours (mainly for the sim lab) at your dental school. Our school only has it twice a week for 2 hours each day (4 hours a week total) and wanted to hear what your guys situation is. Thanks!
Our sim lab is open from 6am-12am 7 days a week. But I’ve stayed as late at 2am. It really depends on when security kicks you out.

Reactions: 1 users
6:00 AM-10:30 PM Mon-Thurs
6:00 AM 8:00 PM Fri
10:00 AM-8:00 PM Sat-Sun

You guys all have it rough. We have 24 hour key card access. I didn't realize how fortunate we were. It's also nice because that means people are coming in for extra work at different times of the day. With that being said we do have many Friday afternoons and weekends that are taken up for boards or CE that we can't go in when they are in there.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow I can't imagine having limited hours, as I've had days I've been in sim lab super late. At Michigan, its open 24/7. We just swipe in with our cards whenever we want

lab is open 24/7 365, even on holidays, Christmas, Eid, New Years. It's great

The lab at my school is 6am-9pm. Apparently the dean wanted to have it close even earlier, citing safety concerns; talk about an @ss backwards approach...why not just hire more security?

Last edited:
All labs open 24/7.