"Tell me about yourself"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmD81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently its one of the most common questions during an interview yet i dont know excatly what to say..

Are you supposed to introduce yourself like say your name, age, current city of residence, where you go to school, hobbies, interests?

Or do you just say things related to pharmacy and e.c? like tell them about your leaderships and the things you do on the side?

Members don't see this ad.

If you interview at Auburn (or some other schools), this will be the first question in your interview. This is one of those things where it doesn't matter so much WHAT you say, as long as you say something. Introduce yourself, talk about where you're from, what your hobbies are, things like that. Don't go into too much detail about anything, and don't use this as your opportunity to talk about specific pharmacy things. You can talk about why you chose pharmacy, but don't get too carried away. Think of it as like what you would write in a short "about yourself" section on facebook or in a classified ad. You want it to be interesting and informative, but not too much. Your answer should probably be 30 - 60 seconds long. Hope that helps! =]

tell me about yourself should include:

your education status (i.e. college jr, sr, etc)
briefly why you got into pharm
what you are currently doing that's related to pharm or not related to pharm (i.e. work exprience)
why you think you'll be a good candidate for pharm program

here's what that would look like if you're a sophomore:

i am a sophomore at the university of ___________. i've been interested in pharmacy since ___________ and have been working as a retail pharm tech or i have been a hospital volunteer since _________. i am a highly disciplined scholar/student and i believe i am well prepared for the rigors of pharmacy school.