Tell me how it's looking.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therev1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright here's my stats.

PAT-23, TS-19, AA-20

oGPA-3.6, science GPA- somewhere in the 3.7s

Haven't looked at my log lately but I must be right around 100 hours of shadowing.
Volunteering includes helping out at a rural area Early Childhood Head Start Round-Up the last two summers with the local dentists. Also, going to the Boys and Girls club and providing dental supplies (toothbrushes, floss, other odd and ends) along with a pretty elementary presentation on oral health care. These are pretty young kids. Along with that I have twice spent a week with the Latin American Rotary Aid group in Honduras. The first year I went I actually spent all my time with a dental team that would travel to different villages each day and provide dental care to the locals, even spent a day in a prison providing care. The second year there was no dental team so I worked with a construction crew that would re-roof and paint schools. There's other volunteering as well but those are the most notable. Including Honduras, it most total over 300 hours.
I feel like my ECs are a bit weak. I am not part of any school clubs or anything really. I have participated in competitive curling at a national level the past 4 years and that does consume a lot of time because it runs through both of my semesters every year. But, nothing else really.
I am from the Minnesota so I will be applying this summer to most of the midwestern schools. Minnesota is probably my top choice so far. Just wondering what you guys think my chances may be. I know you are all probably getting sick of these posts but I find other peoples input interesting. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Alright here's my stats.

PAT-23, TS-19, AA-20

oGPA-3.6, science GPA- somewhere in the 3.7s

Haven't looked at my log lately but I must be right around 100 hours of shadowing.
Volunteering includes helping out at a rural area Early Childhood Head Start Round-Up the last two summers with the local dentists. Also, going to the Boys and Girls club and providing dental supplies (toothbrushes, floss, other odd and ends) along with a pretty elementary presentation on oral health care. These are pretty young kids. Along with that I have twice spent a week with the Latin American Rotary Aid group in Honduras. The first year I went I actually spent all my time with a dental team that would travel to different villages each day and provide dental care to the locals, even spent a day in a prison providing care. The second year there was no dental team so I worked with a construction crew that would re-roof and paint schools. There's other volunteering as well but those are the most notable. Including Honduras, it most total over 300 hours.
I feel like my ECs are a bit weak. I am not part of any school clubs or anything really. I have participated in competitive curling at a national level the past 4 years and that does consume a lot of time because it runs through both of my semesters every year. But, nothing else really.
I am from the Minnesota so I will be applying this summer to most of the midwestern schools. Minnesota is probably my top choice so far. Just wondering what you guys think my chances may be. I know you are all probably getting sick of these posts but I find other peoples input interesting. Thanks!

you suck! jk. everything looks good